Sponsored

8" Touchscreen Upgrade from Base radio Install guide.

Fasstang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ITGUY
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EBPP
Does the unit works fine on a 2016? Besides buying the unit with the bezel/touchscreen and cabLes, do I need to buy anything else besides what is coming with? Thanks for any feedback.

Steeeliskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Manual
Does the unit works fine on a 2016? Besides buying the unit with the bezel/touchscreen and cabLes, do I need to buy anything else besides what is coming with? Thanks for any feedback.
As long as you have tools, you will be fine.

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Do you remember which seller? There seems to be a different one for each listing lol.
Tomtop sells on eBay under multiple Tomtop seller names (tomtop_sales being one of them). Email them and make sure they model they are selling is the 30NOV15 version or later.

Sponsored

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Tomtop sells on eBay under multiple Tomtop seller names (tomtop_sales being one of them). Email them and make sure they model they are selling is the 30NOV15 version or later.
I sent a message to tomtop_digital, I believe. They haven't responded yet.

gatorlangman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2015 Mustang GT Base -Performance Package
Do you think I should order it off ebay, or do you think I should order it from here:
http://www.tomtop.com/8-large-scree...-mustang-2015-free-map-free-card-k2792-5.html

They had two of them on their website, one had the k2792 part number and the other one had k2792-5. The -5 on their site says to specify which country ( I am assuming this is the newer one) Also its $30ish cheaper on their site (id imagine just because of the ebay markup)

EDIT: NVM I notice on their website when you change the language, the version changes. When you choose America it puts a -1.

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
If you decide to order from Tomtop, try this discount code:TTRM1OFF. It came with my Tomtop unit. Good til March 31st

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gatorlangman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2015 Mustang GT Base -Performance Package
If you decide to order from Tomtop, try this discount code:TTRM1OFF. It came with my Tomtop unit. Good til March 31st

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, looks like they are out of stock of the american units. The box is grayed out once I choose America.
Does anyone of the email to talk to the guy to see why this is. Thanks.

Fasstang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ITGUY
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EBPP
Does the tomtop works on a '16 EB PP?

Sponsored

Infamous

President of Honda
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
Just installed this. Having issues with radio not playing and sync not functioning. Anyone have this same issue/solution?

xenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Racing Red Mustang
Just installed this. Having issues with radio not playing and sync not functioning. Anyone have this same issue/solution?
Make sure all the connections in the cd unit are pluged , the red conecttor I think is the antenna for the radio, for the sync if everything is connected ok on the sync box ( llittle black box above the cd player) try disconecting the negative terminal of the car battery for 1 minute and then reconnect and try .

jvivlemore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang (Metallic Grey)
I've skimmed through all 41 pages of this thread and one thing hasn't been discussed that I am curious about. I've NEVER done an install and especially of one this involved by the looks of it. Do you recommend this for someone who has never installed a car radio before? If I showed a audio installation place this thread and gave them the part how many hours of labor do you feel like they would charge to do it? I'm still in my factory warranty of my 2015 so concerned about breaking something that Ford would refuse to cover.

jkmskfk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Eco
You will be fine. There were tons of people who never done this kind of job either but done it. If this was "My Ford Touch" swapping then you might wana get help from shop but this is just plug in play type so you should be fine.
I'll say if shop really takes their time max 2hr.

I've skimmed through all 41 pages of this thread and one thing hasn't been discussed that I am curious about. I've NEVER done an install and especially of one this involved by the looks of it. Do you recommend this for someone who has never installed a car radio before? If I showed a audio installation place this thread and gave them the part how many hours of labor do you feel like they would charge to do it? I'm still in my factory warranty of my 2015 so concerned about breaking something that Ford would refuse to cover.
Sponsored