Sponsored

Why would Ford be doing this I wonder? ....

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Because why not import a used GT350R from the states ;)!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
You do realise Ford have built 101 RHD GT 350 R's don't you? 24 of which are coming to the UK?

I've ordered one, delivery in April next year in MY18 spec, so orange fury!

Ah shit, sorry I was dreaming again! :D

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Haha you had me going for a second Gibbo...

Wouldn't rule it out personally seeing as GT350 production continues whilst the MY 18 is being built. If they did, numbers would be super low & I doubt joe public would even get the chance to buy one...

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Haha you had me going for a second Gibbo...

Wouldn't rule it out personally seeing as GT350 production continues whilst the MY 18 is being built. If they did, numbers would be super low & I doubt joe public would even get the chance to buy one...
But we on this forum are not joe public, we are the exception... So like... Yeah ford i'll take my one in Lighning blue or white... Or both. #RedWhiteBlue Mustangs. No stripes if preferable. all the extra's :lol:

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
But we on this forum are not joe public, we are the exception... So like... Yeah ford i'll take my one in Lighning blue or white... Or both. #RedWhiteBlue Mustangs. No stripes if preferable. all the extra's :lol:
Did I say Joe Public? I meant Steve Mander - you are not old enough

;)

OP
OP

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
You do realise Ford have built 101 RHD GT 350 R's don't you? 24 of which are coming to the UK?

I've ordered one, delivery in April next year in MY18 spec, so orange fury!

Ah shit, sorry I was dreaming again! :D
Ha! .... nice one! Nearly had me going there for a minute :D.

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
As per my post on PH, it's a PR exercise to generate buzz around Mustang using GT350R as a halo model - that doesn't mean it's coming (though great if it is - unlikely however).

Smacks of trying to catalyse sales for the GT/EB which have problably slowed a fiar bit since launch, especially with the MY18 coming which means they'll have MY17 stock to shift.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Did I say Joe Public? I meant Steve Mander - you are not old enough

;)
I'll pay the insurance if I got given one.... EB daily & 350R for meets. That aught to shut the puny 5.0's up with that big fat 5.2 :lol:

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
It is coming to the UK. But only in convertible form; because market research says that's what we like.

Anybody else want to make something up? ;)

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
It is coming to the UK. But only in convertible form; because market research says that's what we like.

Anybody else want to make something up? ;)
Sure... Every colour except red is fast. :lol::lol::lol: GT350R branding now to be OMM not Red stripes :headbonk:

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Very curious here too. I suspect Ford will have one or two cars in Europe rather than specific to the uk. It's British GP week so that may explain why it's this side of the channel with journalists.
Question is, does Ford plan to bring in a few official lhd cars to Europe to sell as a halo model? Possibly to cash in on Germans who missed out on the GT. Doesn't chevy do something similar with its halo cars in mainland Europe?
If you read this Andy, please bring in a few for us to buy officially through Ford as imported US cars. Do the sequential light conversion and sell them with a SVA test.

Last edited:

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
If the GT350 was coming to Europe for MY18 we'd know about it by now. I'd imagine there would be a fair bit of work to change to meet Euro regs, so there would have been test mules floating around and something would have leaked.

Besides, if they were surely Ford would have just announced it rather than bring over some US spec GT350s. With specs and pricing for MY18 being announced next week, it would have been the perfect time.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Would they need to meet full euro regs if the numbers were v low? Could Ford bring them in and so single vehicle approval on them for a limited run of 100 or so? I.e. A lights and mirror swap only?
Maybe I'm just being optimistic but there is an independent dealer in Germany bringing them in. Could Ford do the same via one German dealer maybe?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Would they need to meet full euro regs if the numbers were v low? Could Ford bring them in and so single vehicle approval on them for a limited run of 100 or so? I.e. A lights and mirror swap only?
Maybe I'm just being optimistic but there is an independent dealer in Germany bringing them in. Could Ford do the same via one German dealer maybe?
It is far easier for Germany as they are LHD.

A UK model takes vastly more work by Ford as it needs to get converted from LHD over to RHD which is a far bigger job than just changing lights.

However Ford already have RHD shells, so why they don't do a GT 350 is unknown, because they could. The only real issue I see is the FPC is too loud and maybe too many emissions, but again they could reduce noise by using different axle back or setting the butterflies to not fully open on the valves and emission wise they could just do via tuning or different cat selection.

It is possible, they just choose not to do so.
Sponsored