• Total voters

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
***aimed at UK drivers only***

Ok guys, fairly quiet on the forums lately and I'm curious...

One of the things that has become quickly apparent about the GT is that my attitude towards driving it has changed. The great thing about the Ecoboost was that it's a perfect daily driver (for a Mustang) - my only reservation about not driving it every day was adding too many miles to it (my work commute is 90 miles).

Anyway, I can definitely see myself using the GT less on that work commute, both because of the additional cost in fuel and the fact that it seems almost wasted sat on the M4 trying desperately to achieve reasonable fuel economy. Definitely miss the EB in that respect.

Now, based on the fact that we don't really see many on the roads - I would hazard a guess that the majority of people have the Mustang as a occasional car/weekend toy.

Let's see if I'm right :D
Sponsored

RobMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 V8 Fastback Manual
Use it all the time, work, social, business trips, meets, blasts etc etc when we get my Mrs's new car on the 2nd Sep I will use that more when visiting family and taking the boy to various football matches but for the last 12/13 months done all these in mine. Even considering a EU road trip next year :thumbsup:
Drive it, enjoy it......

supersnedz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang V8 Fastback 2017
Don't have mine yet, but will be using is as the daily driver, only live 3 miles from work so wont be to bad on the fuel.....

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Use it all the time, work, social, business trips, meets, blasts etc etc when we get my Mrs's new car on the 2nd Sep I will use that more when visiting family and taking the boy to various football matches but for the last 12/13 months done all these in mine. Even considering a EU road trip next year :thumbsup:
Drive it, enjoy it......
Nice - I'm keen on a Euro trip too next year :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I drive mine all the time :lol:

Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Drive mine every day but don't really rack up many miles

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
GT - Everyday except the odd day I want to be a total pratt, for those days M3 comes out. GT long term average since ownership, 16.6MPG, haha but my only motorway trips are to meets, otherwise it is all city and hooning. :D

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Every day to work. 4 mile or 24 mile commute depending on which office I'm at that day.
Plus it gets one or two big trips or month from Manchester to Cambridge and back.
5000 miles since mid December 2016

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
GT - Everyday except the odd day I want to be a total pratt, for those days M3 comes out. GT long term average since ownership, 16.6MPG, haha but my only motorway trips are to meets, otherwise it is all city and hooning. :D
Yeah and lets be honest... you probably do worse to your MPG on those motorways :lol::lol:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
daily driver and tip run truck :)

whats the point in having a car and not using it daily never understood the garage queen mentality.

Aero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robin
Vehicle(s)
2018 C63 AMG Estate
GT here which is my daily driver. Done 23.5k in 16 months of ownership.

Fortunately my work gives me a car allowance...;)

Just back from a Euro trip too - autobahn was great fun! Suggest you try it in the Mustang if you get the opportunity!

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
Every day I need to go somewhere, which since I work a lot from home isn't every day of the week. Less of the lunatic since I went past a speed camera van (which was either just arriving or leaving). It wasn't enforcing, but it gave me a shock, so I've been better since and also now turn waze on the whole time - finally cracked how to hear it through the stereo (bluetooth is the answer). Now on 4300 miles since April.
Sponsored