Sponsored

Round 2, spend !!!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
The rear seats don't do anything though, you're basically lugging a useless sofa around that eats all your mpg, acceleration and handling.
But they look right in the car and it all goes well together.

The moment you throw this seat delete in, the car is heading towards a more race car inspired and though it will look acceptable to make it look really good you ideally need front GT 350 R cloth.alcantara Recaros or part leather/alcantara Recaro and then Alcantara door inserts to complete the look and an Alcantara centre lid, handbrake surround and gear level surround.

Then it would all look in place, super cool and you'd probably take nearly 80kg out the car and it would still be comfy. Though I'd not be up for loosing the heated or chilled seats, really depends what you want out the car.

Max you can get NA is 600HP, if you go FI you can hit as high as 900HP on stock engine though I'd personally not go over 750HP to keep some longevity.

FI is amazing for 3rd, 4th and 5th gear pulls, pretty useless in the wet though and your adding weight.

NA with weight reduction would be just as quick as an FI car on any back road or circuit to be frank, unless there is some crazy long straights, but a lighter NA car can get on power sooner and brake later.

That is why proper good track cars and proper fun ones come in the form of Caterhams and Atoms. :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
But they look right in the car and it all goes well together.
I do like the look of the rear seats, they make the car look more cozy. You can't really see my rear seats from the outside anyway because of the side window covers and rear window louvers.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do like the look of the rear seats, they make the car look more cozy. You can't really see my rear seats from the outside anyway because of the side window covers and rear window louvers.
Think of all that weight you added with those covers! ;)

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
This may be a daft question, but if you do the rear seat delete, do you also lose the ability to pass long items through the boot into the passenger space (ie where you used to fold the seat down?)

EDIT: Yes you do.

Last edited:

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
Just watched the video.

1) Urgh, what a lot of ballache for not much benefit
2) Where would car manufacturers be without the invention of clipped on trim panels.

I quite like my rear seats, they look neater than the manky bit of carpet that replaces them and on the two occasions I've taken a rear seat passenger they've been useful and it's not my problem if it's cramped back there, they wanted to come. I once sat in myself and the exhaust was certainly much noisier back there.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That seat delete saves 13kg, you aint gonna notice that, its only worth doing if your gonna strip the interior a little like as I mentioned earlier, buckets, lighter battery, remove subwoofer etc.

Otherwise forget it, just add more power or remove rotating weight (wheels, driveshaft, brake disc etc) where its far more noticed and has several benefits.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
I'd argue they're good to throw annoying people you have to travel with on... but they still prove to be annoying back there
they have made me a few grand :D

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I probably won't go to the extent of striping out the interior.

I'd like to remove more NVH and rear wheel hop. Apparently the GT350 throttle body also introduces more jitteryness when the engines cold.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I probably won't go to the extent of striping out the interior.

I'd like to remove more NVH and rear wheel hop. Apparently the GT350 throttle body also introduces more jitteryness when the engines cold.

The 350 TB is a stepped design, as I explained to you at the meet Lund unfortunately do not have it completely dialled in and for us UK people in a colder climate the 350 TB is not so smooth, particular when cold and at very small throttle opening.

However if you contact Jon Sr. at Lund and ask him for Andrew Gibson's R5 GT 350 TB tune you may find that to your liking as me and Jon Sr worked closely on resolving the jitters, creepers, jerkers, touchers and other odd behaviour of that TB. In the end he made me what he called a custom race throttle drive map, which eliminated the areas where the throttle was very touchy and smoothed it out nicely, meaning not only fixed the issue but also means on this R5 map I even am quite happy to drive in sport/race modes also.

I have being testing R5 this week and it is the best I have experienced from Lund, the AED tune still trumps it as AED tune has more responsive throttle but whilst being smoother, but he ran the setup on his personal car so I guess he spent a lot more personal time perfecting it. Though the Lund tune has the advantage of quicker timing ramp up and reacts better to heel and toe at higher RPM.

Get the R5 tune from Lund, it drives much smoother, though its not as responsive, but on the plus side with R5 I am quite happy to drive the car in race mode again and it feels good.

By the way Jon Sr. probably hates me, I pestered the hell out of them over this, so ask him nicely haha. ;)

P.S. When I say R5 tune, I mean my R5 tune, Jon Sr. explained he had only two customers who caused such a fuss over the throttle, myself and some guy in Australia. So I would email them asking if you can try Andrew Gibson's GT 350 TB R5 tune that Jon Sr wrote for him that had custom throttle mapping for smooth on circuit driving.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in contact with Lund at the moment, they had to send me a config file because I couldn't run the logging from the diagnostic menu. I'm hoping to get a few logs sent over today before they get in the office.

mkforks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang v8 r/h/d to come
That seat delete saves 13kg, you aint gonna notice that, its only worth doing if your gonna strip the interior a little like as I mentioned earlier, buckets, lighter battery, remove subwoofer etc.

Otherwise forget it, just add more power or remove rotating weight (wheels, driveshaft, brake disc etc) where its far more noticed and has several benefits.
probably better to go on a diet :):):)

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure I could afford to lose 2-2.5 stone

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Lund sent me a revised tune

"Log looked really good other wise KS is happy, Fueling is within 3%"

"I transferred Andrews R5 throttle stuff into your file" ...yoooink :D

The acceleration feels a lot smoother now, it's just the annoying rocking feeling when you change gear or brake that I now want to get rid of.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
The acceleration feels a lot smoother now, it's just the annoying rocking feeling when you change gear or brake that I now want to get rid of.
practice your rev matching more :)
Sponsored