Sponsored

E30 ecoboost vs.

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
Hey heres an update on W's ive gotten with my very simple setup which is mishimoto intercooler and tune+ e30.

2015 stock camaro ss (i gapped) dig, 20 roll, 40 roll
2013 stock mustang gt (i beat) dig, 40 roll
2015 vw gti unitronic tuned (i gapped) dig, 20, 40 roll
2014 mustang v6 bama tuned full bolt ons (i gapped) dig, 20, 40 roll
2015 dodge charger RT pcm diablo tuned swap (i gapped) dig, 40 roll
2016 gt mustang intake and bama e85 tune i won from a dig, he beat me from a 40 roll
2013 challenger RT diablo tuned with a custom tuner (i gapped) dig, 40 roll
2016 camaro stock SS, door to door race from a dig he beat me once we hit 90mph, beat me good from a 40 roll
mazda 3 speed on e30 I beat from a 40 roll, door to door but i won from a 50 roll.
mazda 3 speed on e40 door to door on 20 roll i won, 50 roll he beat me good
3v mustang 2009 GT i beat badly from dig, 20 and 40 roll
brz tuned with full bolt ons on e85, i gapped dig, 20 and 40 roll
You beat the driver not the car.. 5.0's PP or not, is gonna run low to mid 12's with E85 and intake. If you had a big turbo yeah sure..
Sponsored

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
U should have posted this in the ecoboost section. You might get some good feedback there. There are too many GT trolls on here. They are just mad that we can get a 25K ecoboost, put 2K into it, and be pretty damn close to a stock, 38K+ GT, reliably, oh and get 30 mpg. Can you mod a GT and get support more power? Sure, but thats not the argument. Both cars are great in their own ways. Lets just stand together and talk crap about the hybrid model coming out in 2020 lol
I'm not mad, or a GT owner. :cheers:

I assume most people can handle a couple jokes here and there. I think all Mustangs are a lot of fun - and that's what I buy a car for. I don't buy a car to be the quickest in a race, because I realize there's always going to be faster cars out there.

Don't get me going on the hybrid thing. :mad:
Some people take this hobby way too seriously. I used to. I spent a small fortune on my 97 GT trying to keep up with and beat LS1 Camaro's. I had nothing to show for it in the end. I don't even have that heavily modded car anymore.

Also, the hybrid Mustang has me curious. I might buy one.

slag1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
I would have considered an ec0boost except that neck snapping torque at idle is just way overboard. I fear such a powerful performance machine as the ec0boost would simply get away from me at part throttle. Just to much power for the streets IMO, and the OP proves that with all those awesome part throttle W's.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
U should have posted this in the ecoboost section. You might get some good feedback there. There are too many GT trolls on here. They are just mad that we can get a 25K ecoboost, put 2K into it, and be pretty damn close to a stock, 38K+ GT, reliably, oh and get 30 mpg. Can you mod a GT and get support more power? Sure, but thats not the argument. Both cars are great in their own ways. Lets just stand together and talk crap about the hybrid model coming out in 2020 lol
What on earth are you talking about? How am I mad? A slow car racing other slow cars is funny. A stock gt and unless boosted is pretty damn slow. The inferiority complex with ecoboost owners having something to prove is stupid. If you like your car then nothing else matters.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
What on earth are you talking about? How am I mad? A slow car racing other slow cars is funny. A stock gt and unless boosted is pretty damn slow. The inferiority complex with ecoboost owners having something to prove is stupid. If you like your car then nothing else matters.
Hey but lets stand together!

"I hate your car and think you are a blind hateful enthusiast but why can't we get along! Let's hate on ________ and not each other!"

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Some people take this hobby way too seriously. I used to. I spent a small fortune on my 97 GT trying to keep up with and beat LS1 Camaro's. I had nothing to show for it in the end. I don't even have that heavily modded car anymore.

Also, the hybrid Mustang has me curious. I might buy one.
If you want to talk about boat anchors...4.6 liter V8. :p

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
If you want to talk about boat anchors...4.6 liter V8. :p
The 4V's were pretty good for the time. The 2V was slooooooow.

On my 2V I had ported heads, cams, full exhaust, intake and a tune and honestly, I think the car was faster after I swapped in the Mach 1 with just a tune (300whp/331wtq).

PrimetimeKenny_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt- Mt82
If you wanted a GT it could have been had OTD at around 32k.. No 5.0 owners are mad..

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
The 4V's were pretty good for the time. The 2V was slooooooow.

On my 2V I had ported heads, cams, full exhaust, intake and a tune and honestly, I think the car was faster after I swapped in the Mach 1 with just a tune (300whp/331wtq).
2 valve 4.6s with NA mods was as good as flushing your money down a drain. Only 4.6 4 valves were mildly worth while as NA. Even then 400whp took a lot of work to get. Boost was the only way to go.

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
2 valve 4.6s with NA mods was as good as flushing your money down a drain. Only 4.6 4 valves were mildly worth while as NA. Even then 400whp took a lot of work to get. Boost was the only way to go.
Had I known at the time I would have bought a Camaro SS or Trans Am WS6, but I didn't - I just knew that Mustangs were cool. I was a young, dumb infantry Marine, so I worked with what I had.
Fortunately when the engine blew it was right before my first trip to Iraq, so I used all the money I saved while deployed to drop in the Mach 1 crate motor.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Hey heres an update on W's ive gotten with my very simple setup which is mishimoto intercooler and tune+ e30.

2015 stock camaro ss (i gapped) dig, 20 roll, 40 roll
2013 stock mustang gt (i beat) dig, 40 roll
2015 vw gti unitronic tuned (i gapped) dig, 20, 40 roll
2014 mustang v6 bama tuned full bolt ons (i gapped) dig, 20, 40 roll
2015 dodge charger RT pcm diablo tuned swap (i gapped) dig, 40 roll
2016 gt mustang intake and bama e85 tune i won from a dig, he beat me from a 40 roll
2013 challenger RT diablo tuned with a custom tuner (i gapped) dig, 40 roll
2016 camaro stock SS, door to door race from a dig he beat me once we hit 90mph, beat me good from a 40 roll
mazda 3 speed on e30 I beat from a 40 roll, door to door but i won from a 50 roll.
mazda 3 speed on e40 door to door on 20 roll i won, 50 roll he beat me good
3v mustang 2009 GT i beat badly from dig, 20 and 40 roll
brz tuned with full bolt ons on e85, i gapped dig, 20 and 40 roll
You could probably ad a corvette driver or two to your list. If you'd be willing to get a set of drag radials and head to the track. Maybe even a stick shift hellcat. Those cars are hard to get down the track on the stock rubber.

slag1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
An ec0boost at part throttle with drag radials is downright dangerous... with all that torque you know.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
An ec0boost at part throttle with drag radials is downright dangerous... with all that torque you know.
Give it up man. You've posted the EXACT same thing four times in this thread already and it's just barely over 2 pages. Old joke is old.

slag1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Give it up man. You've posted the EXACT same thing four times in this thread already and it's just barely over 2 pages. Old joke is old.
but that torque! :lol:

OP
OP
clubamericalara

clubamericalara

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
i wonder if thats his pickup line :repost:
Sponsored