Still not got my baby!!

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Thanks for your comments guys, I can tell you all feel for me!!

It's not an insurance job, it's a dealer warranty job. Apparently, once the car comes off the transporter all body claims have to be honoured by the dealership and Ford are not interested.

I hear what your saying regarding having it back and and enjoying it, but I have the RS as well so I'm enjoying that. I miss my beautiful Mustang and feel very unlucky to be going through this but the RS is softening the blow. I just hope the RS can hold together for as long as it takes to get my baby back, I know it's gonna break at some point, just not right now I hope?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably in transport more like.
No mate, I don't think so. It was so shallow and so long it looks like it happened when the fitted the door skin to the frame?

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Thanks for your comments guys, I can tell you all feel for me!!

It's not an insurance job, it's a dealer warranty job.
My mistake. Hope they get it sorted for you soon.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
No mate, I don't think so. It was so shallow and so long it looks like it happened when the fitted the door skin to the frame?
It could be anything, the car travels a longggggggggg way probably more miles than most have on the car, plenty of chance for damage, it is checked before it leaves Flat rock which is why i presume it's post creation :shrug:

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Ford crashed my first one on the forecourt 2 days before collection. Front wing, door and sill damaged so I requested a new one not a fixer upper.
They rushed it through for me in 3 months. In your position I would push for the same. You may get one of the first 18's and you are locked in at the price you paid. Win win

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Ford crashed my first one on the forecourt 2 days before collection. Front wing, door and sill damaged so I requested a new one not a fixer upper.
They rushed it through for me in 3 months. In your position I would push for the same. You may get one of the first 18's and you are locked in at the price you paid. Win win
Chances getting a first 18... 0%, RHD aint having '18s produced until 2018 starts, it's a long way off still. Cars still testing etc, seems Europe haven't been as light as they are with other manufacturers for getting new variations through...

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Long shot - but is it worth asking Karen ([email protected]) if there are any identical models "in stock". That way, you could push for a straight swap. With such a big gap now until Ford UK start officially taking orders for the '18, i'm sure they will have a pool of cars due for dealerships that they can sell.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Long shot - but is it worth asking Karen ([email protected]) if there are any identical models "in stock". That way, you could push for a straight swap. With such a big gap now until Ford UK start officially taking orders for the '18, i'm sure they will have a pool of cars due for dealerships that they can sell.
Only really need an identical colour. Take the door off and replace it with the one on order. Goodness knows the chances of a perfect colour match at first but they should be able to sort that. The replacement door would presumably come unpainted?

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Only really need an identical colour. Take the door off and replace it with the one on order. Goodness knows the chances of a perfect colour match at first but they should be able to sort that. The replacement door would presumably come unpainted?
Yeah that'd be quicker.. but if the other GB has a 'Name' to it, you screw another owner, or screw ford out of a potential sale (etc).
Yes replacement is unpainted. ALl replacement bits are... Prepare for a huge sting on fords painting charge (Wing mirrors was triple figures... My mate did them for ÂŁ20 :lol:)

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Was thinking more along the lines of a rejection/replacement. Then Ford can take as long as they want to fix the door before they sell it. But appreciate that opportunity may have come & gone

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is a little different guys. If I had noticed the dent before I picked the car up I would have rejected it. I signed for the car then noticed the dent later that evening, so, in all honesty they could have told me where to go. If they piss me off again I'll ask for my money back.

I really don't want another car, I want the one I watched through the whole build delivery process, "My car".

Reactions: GB
OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This has all turned a bit sour guys!! The dealer is now ignoring my emails and still, after having my car for five weeks, don't have a lead time on a new door.
I'm starting to think I should exercise my right to reject the car as they have had a go at fixing it and failed. Pretty pissed off right now!!

Can someone please tell me how to get in touch with Andy Barrett?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
This has all turned a bit sour guys!! The dealer is now ignoring my emails and still, after having my car for five weeks, don't have a lead time on a new door.
I'm starting to think I should exercise my right to reject the car as they have had a go at fixing it and failed. Pretty pissed off right now!!

Can someone please tell me how to get in touch with Andy Barrett?
PM'd.
Sponsored