Sponsored

Busy Weekend For Enoch

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Yes, The RHD Brace is the same as the LHD Brace I believe it is just the spacers that are required.

Why they need to supply the C-Brace as I also believe all RHD mustangs have this fitted from factory?

yep all export mustangs have the k/c/bulkhead brace as standard just not the tower brace
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
My fitting instructions for the brace clearly shows 2 spacers in the parts list, but they were missing from my package:(

I've contacted the supplier and they're investigating, but in the meantime I've just spaced it with a few washers:)

I just tighten my 350 brace down, no washer, yeah it touches the k-brace but does not seem to cause any issues and its so minor there is not even any marks.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
you're only talking a couple of mill anyway the kbrace isn't exactly thick if you really want to a couple of washers will be more than good enough.

OP
OP
Enoch

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Well it looks like my fiendish plan to upgrade to the Willwood rotors has come to a grinding halt:frusty::frusty:

All the parts I've bought are for a kit, so the front discs only work with Willwood calipers:headbonk:

The hat offsets are all wrong to work with the Brembos....:doh::doh:

All is not lost yet though, as I've been onto Willwood technical dept, and they're trying to find hats that are 11mm shallower than I've got for the fronts...

As for the rears, same story, but as I was sort of wishing I'd gone for the rear kit anyway, I can solve that by buying the rest of the kit.....:):D

Win some lose some....:D:lol::lol:

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
I admire your composure in the face of adversity!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Enoch

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
I admire your composure in the face of adversity!
No point in getting upset:)....

Looks like I've found a way of making it work, just going to take a bit of time and a few extra ££:D

Wildblood

'Andrew'
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
TY 'GT' Mustang.........'H1 OON'
Phew, and all that work wire locking the pins too.
I can see now that the Aluminium Bells are from the Shelby Kit.
However, as a front runner Enoch, I admire all that you've done, please keep on doing your stuff.

OP
OP
Enoch

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Cheers Andrew:)

My solution is to buy the full rear kit:D.... it was something I was seriously considering anyway, but now I've been pushed into it, so that's the answer for the rear...

As for the front, I have a choice of 2 bells....I'm going to have to make some careful measurements and then go for it:thumbsup:

Wildblood

'Andrew'
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
TY 'GT' Mustang.........'H1 OON'
Yes, the Willwood rear end will now be more expensive as it will include additional changes to the parking brake actuation.
There's only Willwood or Brembo doing these full kits I think, I was looking at the Brembo one which uses the Ford supplied 350 discs and bells.
I'm over in Staffordshire so we must meet one day for a chin-wag.

OP
OP
Enoch

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Yes...the annoying thing is that you can buy the full rear kit for $1850 ish
And it include everything including the rotors....whereas just buying the parts without the rotors is $1600 ish and I've already spent $850 on the rotors alone:(

It makes sense to me to just buy a full kit, and then either keep the spare rotors, or try and sell them...:D

As for the front, I'm inbetween 2 suitable bells, so I'm going to have to take some careful measurements before I decide....

I'm just off to Gibbo's to borrow a spare standard disc, so I don't have to remove mine again to double check my calculations:doh:

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Yes...the annoying thing is that you can buy the full rear kit for $1850 ish
And it include everything including the rotors....whereas just buying the parts without the rotors is $1600 ish and I've already spent $850 on the rotors alone:(

It makes sense to me to just buy a full kit, and then either keep the spare rotors, or try and sell them...:D

As for the front, I'm inbetween 2 suitable bells, so I'm going to have to take some careful measurements before I decide....

I'm just off to Gibbo's to borrow a spare standard disc, so I don't have to remove mine again to double check my calculations:doh:

Me, you and Mac are like the parts bin special, always borrowing each others bits haha. :D

My fronts are on, tried no high speed braking yet, but all seems well:

Fingers crossed they are fine as I love the look, when I went in Ford this morning first things they said was how epic the brakes looked and wondered if it was a big brake kit, lol. :D

fya67k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 'TY' Mustang GT, and it's here!
Enoch,
have you any recent up-dates on your Willwood Brake upgrades?

OP
OP
Enoch

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Enoch,
have you any recent up-dates on your Willwood Brake upgrades?
Coming soon:)

I did the calcs with a mate, and we came to the same conclusion that I needed a specific Hat that was listed on the Willwood site.

Parts have been ordered and on their way to Stackry. So hoping to get a delivery by the end of next week...

Then we'll see if I've got it right or not:headbonk::paddle::D

OP
OP
Enoch

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Bit of an update.....and good news:thumbsup:

New front hats arrived today, and I've spent the morning setting up the front discs.

Mine and my mates calculations were absolutely spot on.

To get the disc in the centre of the caliper, has required just 0.75mm shim.

Willwood said I could get away with about 1mm without shiming, but as I had the shims, I thought I might as well get it spot on:headbonk:

The other good news is that these discs will also work with stock wheels...

I've got to nip out now, but sometime soon I'll do a full report of part numbers prices and stuff you need to check....:)

OP
OP
Enoch

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Getting there:)

Sponsored