Sponsored

Paint protection Film instead of splash guards

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP, 1986 Buick GN
Installed them. Clay barred the areas first before application. Installation was easy, there is a scan bar you get that links to installation videos. I used a blow drier in a couple places to get it to rollover the lip. Barely noticeable but as you know over time the edges will start to show. Nearly impossible to take a pic of. I couldn't get them to show anything.

What not to do: Don't install in dark lit areas. You can't see the bubbles at least on a white car and you will miss a couple small ones which I did. On the rear corner panels, the material doesn't go to the edge of the fender like I would like so there is a small area of unprotected paint. Because of the cut out for the side marker you don't have a lot of choice. You can try to stretch it but I think the better thing to do would be to have the marker hole cut out a little bit large to allow you to move the peace closer to the fender edge. I'm going to email the company and see about getting two more pieces that I can alter the marker hole and get the material closer to the edge of the fender where I think it needs to be. Otherwise good product
Is quality of the film itself up to par with with others?? I am afraid it will yellow or it is very thin.
Sponsored

OP
OP
bryontro

bryontro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Whipple Stage 2
It's not thin. If I was to guess I'd say 10 mil maybe. Seem durable. Yellowing, only time will tell but I'll probably tale it off once a yr and reapply when the seems start showing. It's pretty inexpensive to purchase.

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP, 1986 Buick GN
It's not thin. If I was to guess I'd say 10 mil maybe. Seem durable. Yellowing, only time will tell but I'll probably tale it off once a yr and reapply when the seems start showing. It's pretty inexpensive to purchase.
thanks, It is def affordable. With them installed and my splash guards I should be in pretty good shape.

OP
OP
bryontro

bryontro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Whipple Stage 2
I wished there was a second piece above the rear wheel qtr panel on the back side. Its definitely going to help though, especially if your running spacers or after market wheels that push out. Use good light though. I cant stress this enough. I'm OCD and missed things easily taken care of if I had saw them. I missed some bubbles that I didn't see in bad lighting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bryontro

bryontro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Whipple Stage 2
If I wanted splash guard (mud flaps, etc), I would have put on splash guards. This thread is about options other than splash guards.
Sponsored