Vinyl Stripes CA Special

trusaleen1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
I recently purchased a 2016 Cali Special Mustang, it has stripes on the hood of the car. As I was washing the car yesterday, I noticed that the vinyl stripes on the hood have a lot of swirls that look terrible in the light.

Now obviously i know these decals don't have clear coat on them, but does anyone have any suggestion to try and minimize the swirls. I haven't attempted to put any wax on them, I do have some ultra fine Menzerna polish that I could apply by hand, but I'm not sure if regular polish would work. I also have some plastic polish as well.

Thanks for any suggestions
Sponsored

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
IMO, pull the stripes off the car. You can machine polish them out, but just the act of wiping away the polish residue is going to re-scratch them. It will be never ending battle.

OP
OP
trusaleen1

trusaleen1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
IMO, pull the stripes off the car. You can machine polish them out, but just the act of wiping away the polish residue is going to re-scratch them. It will be never ending battle.
Yeah that was going to be my option if I cant get them clean. My concern is just if those sections will standout with the stripes gone. Hopefully, claying and polishing would help even it out
Sponsored