Sponsored

Stain removal on my Katzkins interior.

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
Stain removal on my Katzkins interior.

I was cleaning my car today and noticed that the seatbelt pad I bought online has stained my orange seat in a couple places. I tried the Katzkins recommended Ivory Soap,Lexol cleaner,and scrubbing bubbles.Nothing had any effect. I stopped trying stuff because rather than ruin my seat I will leave it. Anyone have any great ideas????
Sponsored

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black
OP
OP
daytripper

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
Thanx for the suggestion. I just got off the phone with Katzkins. I spoke with a woman who,after I went thru my spiel about the stain and what I tried to remove it said"can I have your order # so we can track your shipment" I guess sometimes you are better off talking to a robot over a complete fucking idiot. Not happy.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus

NJ3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
daytripper - Contact whoever you bought the Katzkin seat covers from, you might be able to get a replacement cover under warranty.
Be very careful using a steam cleaner on leather seats, don't ask how I know. :doh:

OP
OP
daytripper

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
daytripper - Contact whoever you bought the Katzkin seat covers from, you might be able to get a replacement cover under warranty.
Be very careful using a steam cleaner on leather seats, don't ask how I know. :doh:
I am waiting for my installer to call me back.I am almost positive the area where the seatbelt holder magnet is,is vinyl.If I knew for sure that the color went all the way thru or was just a coating I would be trying a few other things.Maybe a Mr Clean magic eraser.
I wouldn't even try to get a free cover.It's not their fault I bought a piece of shit black pad. This actually was the most comfortable one I've tried.Go figure. These belts are uncomfortable.I have extenders and with the pad they are at least tolerable.

The pad is a "BELL" If you have them and a non-black interior,beware.
Sponsored

Last edited: