325 30/19 on R

Lexluther

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350
Here's a GT has Rear 20x12 et47 on 325/25/20 rear. Specs confirmed the guy is in my local group DFW's550's

Sponsored

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
I'm running NT01's in 325/30/19 front and rear on my gt350R with R-spec wheels from Project6GR. I found a crazy good deal on the tires and figured I'd be a guinea pig. I have two track days on them, and a little street driving with no rubbing. As far as track performance, lap times are about even with the stock cup 2's which really are hard to beat, but I really feel this combo would benefit greatly from a half inch wider front wheel. Edgar, from Project6GR and I have tossed around the idea of trying a rear R-spec wheel up front with a spacer. Then you could even rotate like a true square setup.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I'm running NT01's in 325/30/19 front and rear on my gt350R with R-spec wheels from Project6GR. I found a crazy good deal on the tires and figured I'd be a guinea pig. I have two track days on them, and a little street driving with no rubbing. As far as track performance, lap times are about even with the stock cup 2's which really are hard to beat, but I really feel this combo would benefit greatly from a half inch wider front wheel. Edgar, from Project6GR and I have tossed around the idea of trying a rear R-spec wheel up front with a spacer. Then you could even rotate like a true square setup.

That looks so meaty/buff haha

Wonder how much an affect the significantly taller front tire (325vs305) would have on the handling/steering?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
325 up front? Dayum.

Sponsored

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
That looks so meaty/buff haha

Wonder how much an affect the significantly taller front tire (325vs305) would have on the handling/steering?
Although the grip is there with this setup, there definitely is some loss in steering feel. Part of that IS the taller tire which has more sidewall to flex. But after playing with the pressures a bunch I'm still not using all of the contact patch, so I know I would need a wider front wheel to give these tires a fair chance.

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
I haven't looked up specs on the NT01s in a long time, but the NT01s do tend to run narrow in other sizes.

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Although the grip is there with this setup, there definitely is some loss in steering feel. Part of that IS the taller tire which has more sidewall to flex. But after playing with the pressures a bunch I'm still not using all of the contact patch, so I know I would need a wider front wheel to give these tires a fair chance.
You are probably also feeling the tire characteristics of the NT01. They are a bit on the numb side. Their sidewall is a little less stout than other R comps. The difference between the NT01 and its sister tire, the R888, is pretty notable.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
A friend pointed out today that the extra poke that results from the 325 rear could result in the paint on the edges of the wheel arches getting chipped up. I tend to agree with him. I'm going to look at ways to protect that before it's too late.
Sponsored