Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Booked in to get the stripes fitted. The guy is gonna do it prior to me picking the car up. I will go see the car before he does the work though in case there are any faults (hopefully not touch wood) He has said about sizes for the stripes, and recommened 2 stripes of 20cm width + 1 cm pinstripe. I'm not sure on the width of the bonnet and dont want super thick stripes, i am going for a look like this stang http://www.mustang6g.com/?p=10023 Does those measurements sound right?
Think you will need to do some googling...

There seems to be 3 widths to me - the GT350 style which are fairly skinny and have the pin stripes. You then have the width that the factory ford faded stripes come in which look slightly wider to me, then the really wide ones (about 8-9 inches) which touch the points on the spears on the bonnet - all can look good.

Check out bigwormgraphix (https://www.bigwormgraphix.com/2015-17-gt350-full-length-stripes.html)

They have lots of stripe sample photos and list the widths too...

OP
OP

supersnedz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang V8 Fastback 2017
Depends what size you want the stripes really i like smaller pinstripes personally so would got with a 0.5cm. 20cm stripe is an 8" stripe. Which should look good. What gap are you going for between them? will there be a gap between pin and the main stripe?
I was thinking a 1 inch gap between, didnt want a huge gap. and no gap between main and pin. Is 0.5cm visible seems small?

OP
OP

supersnedz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THis is a mock up of mine showing the widths
Thanks for this, and the pic of your car, that looks like the width i want, didnt want really thick ones, and yours look great. Cheers :)

OP
OP

supersnedz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

There seems to be 3 widths to me - the GT350 style which are fairly skinny and have the pin stripes. You then have the width that the factory ford faded stripes come in which look slightly wider to me, then the really wide ones (about 8-9 inches) which touch the points on the spears on the bonnet - all can look good.

Check out bigwormgraphix (https://www.bigwormgraphix.com/2015-17-gt350-full-length-stripes.html)

Great thank you. I will take a look :)

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking a 1 inch gap between, didnt want a huge gap. and no gap between main and pin. Is 0.5cm visible seems small?
Depends what colour the pin is etc. 1 inch gap mabe quite a big gap. Think most usually have 1.5cm down to .5cm

Worth getting your stripe guy just to show you a few mock ups on his car, he doen't have to lie the stripes down, just a mockup. Or you know; can et some pieces of paper and do it yourself and place them on the floor just to imagine it.

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
last time I looked they still only did those horrible faded stripes but the price is a killer

it cost me ÂŁ140 for a wrapping company to make my matt stripes with high gloss red pinstripe
ford wanted something stupid like ÂŁ500 for their factory strips
ÂŁ140!!! Christ, local wrapping place i approached wanted ÂŁ450 for satin black stripe with gloss red pinstripe. Essentially the same as yours but satin instead of matt

OP
OP

supersnedz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depends what colour the pin is etc. 1 inch gap mabe quite a big gap. Think most usually have 1.5cm down to .5cm

Worth getting your stripe guy just to show you a few mock ups on his car, he doen't have to lie the stripes down, just a mockup. Or you know; can et some pieces of paper and do it yourself and place them on the floor just to imagine it.
Sorry i mean 1 inch gap betwwen the main stripes not the pin stirpes.

OP
OP

supersnedz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check out my thread in signature mate. Can get you the measurements later if needed
Great will take a look, and yes please that would be great thank you :D

Sponsored

Wilbs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

Thanks Kristian87, for the link to bigwormgraphix, I'm off to the states next month so I now know what i will be bringing back in my suitcase :cheers:

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Mine are 8" wide with 1" gap:)

Then 10mm thin stripe with 10mm gap

mkforks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang v8 r/h/d to come
mine are 9" with 1" gap in middle and 1/2" pinstripe with 1/2" gap between pinstripe and main stripe in matt black on magnetic

OP
OP

supersnedz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everyone seems to have a gap between main stripe and pin stripe, this didnt occur to me. might need to investigate...
Sponsored