Sponsored

How do you avoid water spots when working outside?

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
So which is it? Do "ceramic/nano" whatever the current catch phrase type coatings really stop water spots from happening? Or are the owners of cars with these types of coatings just saying they do for some sort of justification?
They should make it easier as the wter doesnt want to sit there and dry. Blowerz and the sort will get it off easier. I have cquarts pro and still have water spot issues. Right now more so than when i just used zaino which also repelled but did it better.

I am also working with my detailer to see if my coating is not working correctly as currently it no where near the expectations set by others.
Sponsored

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
If you have had water spots sitting on for a while there is a chance the deposits have etched the paint and the only way to remove is using power polisher first to cut into the paint to reveal fresh paint, then polish to get back a shine. Once you have fresh paint exposed pick up a quality sealant and get an inline filter for your hose.
The last couple days I've looked at the panel that I clayed/polished that left those spots in the picture and I can't see them now. I looked under bright sun at different angles and under artificial night lighting. They may still be there though. I am going to try one of those poly sealant cleaner products and see if that does better. The windows are pretty spotty though. I'll have to use my special glass polish that is made for water spots on glass. About that... if I apply some type of glass protectant like RainX is that hydrophobic where the water won't get to dry on my glass and leave spots?

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
The last couple days I've looked at the panel that I clayed/polished that left those spots in the picture and I can't see them now. I looked under bright sun at different angles and under artificial night lighting. They may still be there though. I am going to try one of those poly sealant cleaner products and see if that does better. The windows are pretty spotty though. I'll have to use my special glass polish that is made for water spots on glass. About that... if I apply some type of glass protectant like RainX is that hydrophobic where the water won't get to dry on my glass and leave spots?
I used Flyby 30 thru Car Pro on all my glass! It is hydrophobic. RainX is ok but you must coat it all the time and I found it does smear with wiper use.

https://www.carpro-us.com/protection/carpro-flyby30-windshield-coating-full-kit-20ml/

bam88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost PP
Once all the water spots are taken care of I highly suggest getting some Sonax Polymer Net Shield, it is a very resilient sealant and will last for about 6 months when taken care of properly. To take care of it you will need a bottle of Sonax Brilliant Shine quick detailer as it will add polymer for any worn out areas. This will help your water bead and just fall off the car. However still take care to avoid water spots by washing and drying out of direct sunlight, and dry with microfiber asap. I highly suggest an inline filter for your hose, options range from fairly inexpensive to crazy outrageous (if you value your paint, time, and sanity a quality one is worth it).
Sponsored