Sponsored

S550 EB vs THE WORLD (Only Half Throttle)

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
So in a HALF THROTTLE race, what car can actually beat the S550 EB to 40 MPH? I for one cannot think of any.

Satire. Not a Troll
Sponsored

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Mini cooper S .

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I dunno, maybe a moped? My EB feels like its got about as much hp as my cub cadet weed whacker off the line. I've never drove a car that bogs down so bad.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Prius. I remember there was a thread on the Prius forums that made it's way around the internet.... rumor was it could beat a Ferrari Enzo in a 0-6mph race.

Sponsored

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Roller skates. Yes, that is it. Roller skates. Not the fancy ones with the sealed bearings either! I'm talking the old school skinny metal 1/2" wheels we used back in the day...

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
I dunno, maybe a moped? My EB feels like its got about as much hp as my cub cadet weed whacker off the line. I've never drove a car that bogs down so bad.
It's because you're using the wrong part of the throttle. Use the first half, not the second.

So in a HALF THROTTLE race, what car can actually beat the S550 EB to 40 MPH? I for one cannot think of any.

Satire. Not a Troll
Man you just can't let it go can you? It was funny for the first 3 threads. Old joke is old.

OP
OP
scrubber3

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's because you're using the wrong part of the throttle. Use the first half, not the second.

Man you just can't let it go can you? It was funny for the first 3 threads. Old joke is old.
From the post above yours, it would seem as if people still see humor in it. I'm sure it will die out and to be honest, this thread may very well help the "joke" die sooner. I hope!

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
From the post above yours, it would seem as if people still see humor in it. I'm sure it will die out and to be honest, this thread may very well help the "joke" die sooner. I hope!
The sad part is now part throttle acceleration will be another key justification point in every EB thread now. The "joke" will be around forever!

OP
OP
scrubber3

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is a polar positive for everything. Let us not forget!

Sponsored

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
The sad part is now part throttle acceleration will be another key justification point in every EB thread now. The "joke" will be around forever!
1-2 idiots said it in a thread and now apparently it's every EB owner. So it'd be fair to say every GT driver is a douchebag? Mass stereotyping works great huh :thumbsup:! For us EB owners needing to "justify" our purchase (When in reality 95% of us know what we bought and don't care), a select few of you guys cry an awful lot over the topic. Hell I've seen far more try to justify V8 numbers than EB owners.

Looking at the fast lists, bolt-ons category is pretty f****** close for how terrible you guys seem to make the EB, some would definitely be a drivers race. Sure you guys have an outlier that is .5s faster than anything close(even to the V8 list), but you guys also have bolt-on V8's coming in FAR worse than stock EB's.

Is it the fastest mustang? F*** no. Is the GT? F*** no. And soon the GT500 will probably overtake the 350 (at least i'd hope). But what is cool for many who are like me is that a few simple mods + tune can put us close to GT stock times. That a tune and a few bolt ons can drop 1-2 seconds from their 1/4. I love the V8 as much as the next guy but I also love seeing innovation. Hell ford already announced it's Hybrid mustang. Times are changing, and I think it's awesome to see something new. It may not place first in many lists, but it'll surprise quite a few along the way. I'll take my i4 over my tuned '13 V6 anyday.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
1-2 idiots said it in a thread and now apparently it's every EB owner. So it'd be fair to say every GT driver is a douchebag? Mass stereotyping works great huh :thumbsup:! For us EB owners needing to "justify" our purchase (When in reality 95% of us know what we bought and don't care), a select few of you guys cry an awful lot over the topic. Hell I've seen far more try to justify V8 numbers than EB owners.

Looking at the fast lists, bolt-ons category is pretty f****** close for how terrible you guys seem to make the EB, some would definitely be a drivers race. Sure you guys have an outlier that is .5s faster than anything close(even to the V8 list), but you guys also have bolt-on V8's coming in FAR worse than stock EB's.

Is it the fastest mustang? F*** no. Is the GT? F*** no. And soon the GT500 will probably overtake the 350 (at least i'd hope). But what is cool for many who are like me is that a few simple mods + tune can put us close to GT stock times. That a tune and a few bolt ons can drop 1-2 seconds from their 1/4. I love the V8 as much as the next guy but I also love seeing innovation. Hell ford already announced it's Hybrid mustang. Times are changing, and I think it's awesome to see something new. It may not place first in many lists, but it'll surprise quite a few along the way. I'll take my i4 over my tuned '13 V6 anyday.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Look, you win. You got the better car. I won't debate it and will admit the truth.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
The Chevrolet Aveo hatchback.

I drove one for a while as a parts runner for a auto wholesaler..I'll tell you...it's a powerhouse!

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Roller skates. Yes, that is it. Roller skates. Not the fancy ones with the sealed bearings either! I'm talking the old school skinny metal 1/2" wheels we used back in the day...
Yeah, the one's with the real leather straps and the wing nut, size adjuster!!!

Elgyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost, MT, DIB, Premium, PP
Ever notice how a lot GT guys get all pissy pissy when you mention an ecoboost is close to their #'s? They'll search to the end of the internet to find that one-off example about how their(most likely someone else's) car is better. Then they have to start in with the ecoboost jokes to sooth their broken ego.
Sponsored