Sponsored

Germany

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
We are on two different topics now, and distracting from what the OP asked. Perhaps my poor English confused you. For that I apologize. Have a nice evening.
Sponsored

bl4d3runn3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blu Fury
Ich spreche auch deutsch ;)

OP
OP
ShadowFox

ShadowFox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Are there any workarounds for having tint on the front windows? Prescriptions or something haha, really dreading having to take it off.

Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Are there any workarounds for having tint on the front windows? Prescriptions or something haha, really dreading having to take it off.
The car would have to come from the factory with tint than is non removable (I.E. Embedded in the glass) as far as I'm aware , only some government armored limousines have that. You will have to remove it if you want to pass, they will check it too! I cannot tell you how many times I have had to help friends remove tint at the inspection station. Better to do it at home and clean the mess up before hand. Our inspectors are Germans on base and they can be moody about mods but they cant fail you for non TUV/ABE parts as long as they are mounted properly and don't pose a danger, there are alot of boosted GTs here and none have been given problems about the Blower, suspension etc, the biggest issues are exhaust and tint. Also the Security forces on base WILL pull you over for tint and give you a fix it ticket that can get reported to your chain of command. Not something worth getting an article 15 over IMHO.

nonnex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Hi and welcome to Germany,

regarding "street legality" here my personal tip and experiance: Invest your bucks in performance instead of visuals and loud exhausts. Stay inside the noise and emmission limits and you'll be happy with your ride, Law enforcement and the TĂśV.

Let see it this way, loud is not always fast and tinted windscreens can be replaced by a cool "Ray Ben". The serious tunin' scene here differs a lot, but is cool too. US Cars have an own community and are very popular here, especially the old-timers.

Speaking of old timers. There are special rules for them regarding the limitations. If you keep it historical (tuning acivities and parts were common for this time of period an country of origin) you can get a "H" Plate (H for Historical and for cars even or older than 30 Yrs.) then above rules don't apply. ;)

All the Best

Last edited:
OP
OP
ShadowFox

ShadowFox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Update:

Passed inspection on the 4th time (yay), removed the tint off the front windows (sad day), and my header back exhaust passed with a measured dB of 83.2, with the valves closed. They noticed it had valves and they were closed but didn't fuss over it.

Hope to see you guys in the KMC area, or out and about the rest of the EU on my adventures.

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Anybody know of a GT350R in Germany that has gotten through the Tuev with the stock exhaust? I think thats over 95DB?

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody know of a GT350R in Germany that has gotten through the Tuev with the stock exhaust? I think thats over 95DB?
Are you coming to Germany in connection to the US military?

Sponsored

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Are you coming to Germany in connection to the US military?
No - I am German and on a visa in the US. Whenever I go back, Im pretty sure ill be taking the 350 back with me.

The reason im asking is I have the Ford Performance exhaust (made by Borla) on it now - and its loud AF.... and since its a mod, and im pretty sure over 95 db, thats a no go. The next step down, keeping originality would be the GT350R exhaust (whereas a resonator delete is a very obvious mod).

bthom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 ford mustang
Update:

Passed inspection on the 4th time (yay), removed the tint off the front windows (sad day), and my header back exhaust passed with a measured dB of 83.2, with the valves closed. They noticed it had valves and they were closed but didn't fuss over it.

Hope to see you guys in the KMC area, or out and about the rest of the EU on my adventures.
Congrats on passing!

Just wondering cause I'm interested in importing myself, but do you have anyone to recommend for shipping?

nonnex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550

I saw some 350 driving around in Munich and they were very loud. So I guess it will pass the homologation with the stock exhaust.

The GT has a max. of 90db allowed with no exceptions (if I remember correctly).

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
No - I am German and on a visa in the US. Whenever I go back, Im pretty sure ill be taking the 350 back with me.

The reason im asking is I have the Ford Performance exhaust (made by Borla) on it now - and its loud AF.... and since its a mod, and im pretty sure over 95 db, thats a no go. The next step down, keeping originality would be the GT350R exhaust (whereas a resonator delete is a very obvious mod).
From what I've heard most GT350 + Rs are installing db-killer into the exhaust for the TĂśV. Once the process is done, they take them out again. But getting the Borla legal is pretty unlikely