Sponsored

2018 Mustang GT premium pp fully loaded vs. Challenger 392 Scat Pack Shaker

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
The Camaro outsells the Challenger and has less torque as well. Let me guess "fleet sales". "Not and not"
So torque is not the end all be all number that everyone keeps chanting about?
Sponsored

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
This is well known. You must not have owned many fast cars. H/C/I foxes will smoke a lot of modern cars.

Let us not assume sir...

From what I have seen, The fox body mustangs are fast do to their low weight. The STOCK motors are complete turds (from what I have seen) compared to an LS motor. An LS motor has a bottom end that is rated to 1000 HP. From what I have seen, you have to do much work to the old fox body 5.0 to get them to run. Now, drop an LS into the fox and watch that beeyootch go. Stroke (reinforce as well) and blow the old 5.0 and you can push over 500 to the rear no problem, but you best build the engine up.

Feed a stock LS a bottle or FI and some DRs and watch it go into the 10s. Drop a stock LS into a fox and it will likely get close to 10s with the right gears and some DRs? Maybe...?

I know this is not a fair comparison due to the difference in model years, but I am just reinforcing what I subjectively said.

Locally, this is what I see and have seen at the DS and on dynos. With the exception of a 6 year hiatus without a muscle car and having my drivers license since I was 16 ( I am 38 now) I'd say I know a little. Granted I am not an internet ninja..

Last edited:

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Chanting, are you a buddhist? No its the entire package: handling, technology, comfort, overall feel, looks, hp/torque, build quality, functionality, fun factor.. if it was about torque only, everyone and their mothers would have a scat pack and or hellcat.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
So torque is not the end all be all number that everyone keeps chanting about?
No, its all about overall performance, handling, reliability, easy to mod, and performance per dollar! Don't get me wrong, scatpacks have an amazing engine, but that is all! I ve rented one once, and i felt i was in a truck not a car. The inside and hood gave me that feel. Everything felt big inside and outside except the little gauges. I don't know why make everything big but put tiny gauge cluster in this car.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Let us not assume sir...

From what I have seen, The fox body mustangs are fast do to their low weight. The STOCK motors are complete turds (from what I have seen) compared to an LS motor. An LS motor has a bottom end that is rated to 1000 HP. From what I have seen, you have to do much work to the old fox body 5.0 to get them to run. Now, drop an LS into the fox and watch that beeyootch go. Stroke (reinforce as well) and blow the old 5.0 and you can push over 500 to the rear no problem, but you best build the engine up.

Feed a stock LS a bottle or FI and some DRs and watch it go into the 10s. Drop a stock LS into a fox and it will likely get close to 10s with the right gears and some DRs? Maybe...?

I know this is not a fair comparison due to the difference in model years, but I am just reinforcing what I subjectively said.

Locally, this is what I see and have seen at the DS and on dynos. With the exception of a 6 year hiatus without a muscle car and having my drivers license since I was 16 ( I am 38 now) I'd say I know a little. Granted I am not an internet ninja..
I'm 50. I was racing while you were in kinder garden. I currently own a low nine second 95GT and race it religiously. It'll be in the 8s this fall. It came with the same motor that you are currently bad mouthing. It went 10.5@124 on the stock block 5.0! You ever been 10.5 in any car you've owned? Including the current car? You do know a little. I know a lot. You offer experiences about what you have seen. I offer experiences from behind the wheel. Now who's the internet ninja? The 50 year old bracket racer who's at the track once a week. Or the guy that see's stuff a couple times a year? Here's a picure of my current drag car. I'd love to see a photo of yours.:shrug:
363 at atco.jpg
363 at atco 2.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I'm 50. I was racing while you were in kinder garden. I currently own a low nine second 95GT and race it religiously. It'll be in the 8s this fall. It came with the same motor that you are currently bad mouthing. It went 10.5@124 on the stock block 5.0! You ever been 10.5 in any car you've owned? Including the current car? You do know a little. I know a lot. You offer experiences about what you have seen. I offer experiences from behind the wheel. Now who's the internet ninja? The 50 year old bracket racer who's at the track once a week. Or the guy that see's stuff a couple times a year? Here's a picure of my current drag car. I'd love to see a photo of yours.:shrug:
What times are you getting at half throttle? LOL

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
From what I have seen, The fox body mustangs are fast do to their low weight. The STOCK motors are complete turds (from what I have seen) compared to an LS motor. An LS motor has a bottom end that is rated to 1000 HP.
:lol: :tsk:

Maybe there's an LS motor with a bottom end that is rated for 1000 HP. Certainly not a stock LS motor. Most can handle about 450 reliably before some parts need to be upgraded.

I agree that a stock 302 Ford doesn't make much power. You at least got that part right.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
:lol: :tsk:

Maybe there's an LS motor with a bottom end that is rated for 1000 HP. Certainly not a stock LS motor. Most can handle about 450 reliably before some parts need to be upgraded.

I agree that a stock 302 Ford doesn't make much power. You at least got that part right.
Correct. Most people think mildly modded LS or Winsor Motors when they talk about the great LS1 era. But both motors have a similar bottom end breaking point. The LS will fail at about the same 500WHP that the Winsor will crack it's stock block. But when both cars are modded out to near their breaking point. (425-475whp) the Fox is the faster car because it's lighter and has a better suspension for drag racing then Camaro or firebird.

Tm@c1965

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 GT Mustang, 2014 SRT Challenger
I bought an SRT because I liked ....

the way it looks and drives. I like the mustang as well. The SRT is a well built car, has nice options. It' s very fun on long cruises. I saw a Steeda Mustang the other day (2017). It looked like a dark red with tinted windows and black rims. Very nice.

Sponsored

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
Never intended for you to take my remark in the way you did. I never said you were an internet ninja. Matter of fact, I respect what you have to say because I see knowledge in your posts (typically). I was just making my statement to inform you that I wasn't some goofy teenager that lived in his mother's basement and played racing games basing my knowledge on that. I have gone in the 9s with a 91 LX build that had an LS1 in it. That was joint ownership with a good friend of mine who has since passed. I spent many days at the Fayetteville Drag strip and was basing my observations clearly on what was local. I got out of drag racing before the internet went the route it did (2006). EDIT: is the motor in your drag car stock?

I don't have a drag car now. I started to build one out of the GTO I used to have shortly after I left the Army but decided against it. I have instead invested in BCM, LMT, IWI, Barrett, Trijicon, H&K, etc.....

Even with the fuel for them being pricey at times, they usually costs less to run.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Just as side point..

Just because an engine will survive a few passes at 1,000 WHP doesn't mean it's rated at 1,000 WHP.

I've seen stock LS1's shit their guts out on the 1/4 mile and I've seen some survive with twin snails pushing them into the 9's.

The 5.0's were strong in some ways, weak in others. Same with the LS1/LS6;s.
Sponsored