Sponsored

2018 Mustang GT premium pp fully loaded vs. Challenger 392 Scat Pack Shaker

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
Lots of valid points. I think if you plan on just keeping it stock and driving I'd go scat pack. Cut out those resonators and call it a day. If you plan on doing mods go mustang.

Side note on the way home today I did see two challengers pulled over on side of the road on the I10. Not a good sign
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
So what I've gathered from this thread. Is Mustang owners recommend the Mustang. While Challanger owners recommend the Challanger. Who would have guessed that?:shrug:

Timm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
I personally won't recommend either car, but if you are buying car x because it is the fastest thing in town you will soon be disappointed. I bought my 2016 GT pp because I love Mustangs first and then the Ford brand second. Sure it is a sports car and can be made to be mind numbingly fast, but I just want a nice sporty car I can enjoy most of the time and occasionally extract the wild hair from my ass.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
So what I've gathered from this thread. Is Mustang owners recommend the Mustang. While Challanger owners recommend the Challanger. Who would have guessed that?:shrug:
But... I'm a Charger owner (now) and I recommended either or depending on his needs.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I have a funny feeling that when the 2018 mustang comes out, many would be future charger/challenger owners will be buying the revised horse!

klink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS, 2016 Dodge Challenger SRT
This is a GREAT problem to have. Either car will be endless fun. Either one is worth every penny.

I think the previous comments have covered it...but until we learn more about what Ford has in store for the revised 2018 motor, comparing acceleration performance isn't really possible. What we can say is that a a Scatpack will easily walk a 2015-2017 Mustang GT...so there is a lot of catching up to do.

Guys comparing the power:weight numbers need to keep in mind that the 392 puts our 485 lb-ft of torque. Even a brightened up Coyote won't touch that.
THIS. I drove a 2017 GT and then a 392 Challenger immediately thereafter. The 392 pulls much harder from anywhere in the powerband....and I was sold on it. Both are great cars, but the 392 just is a torque monster that the 5.0 can't match.

Needless to say, I bought the SRT and never looked back.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mrgtx the scat pack makes 485 hp & 475ft lbs of torque!

z460

MR.BIG SHOT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
f250
don't buy a dodge man trucks or cars people act like a scat pack is the end all be all just bolt on + converter. 16+ Mustang gt you will beat any scat pack from a dig

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I have a funny feeling that when the 2018 mustang comes out, many would be future charger/challenger owners will be buying the revised horse!
Doubt it people want large amounts of torque and that is it.

Just look at all the complaining on this fourm. If you hate the 5.0 why did you ever buy one and why are you still here? Honestly makes no sense to me.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Just look at all the complaining on this fourm. If you hate the 5.0 why did you ever buy one and why are you still here? Honestly makes no sense to me.
If people really wanted torque only, then the new mustang wouldnt be the best selling car of the 3, being as the mustang has the least torque of the 3!

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack

I loved both of my 5.0's. I knew what I was getting into when I bought them. I moved to the Charger because I needed more room for my family. Only other option out there was the Chevrolet SS sedan and I liked the Charger more.

If only Ford would have brought the Falcon here with the 5.0.

I'm here still because I can be and I love seeing peoples builds.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
Depends what you want out of the car. Obviously I'm here because I prefer the Mustang and the 5.0 specifically over the other 2 choices.

Nothing wrong with a Challenger, the only thing that deters me from those cars is the potential for the lifters to start getting noisy. I'm not sure if that's an issue on the 392, especially the newer ones, but I've heard plenty of 6.1s and 5.7s that developed it eventually and that would drive me nuts.

For the most old school looking out of the 3 (GT/SS/Challenger), the Challenger wins for sure, and probably in comfort as well. It probably also has usable back seats and a decently large trunk so it may win in practicality as well. So there's that.

That being said the new 2018 GT PP will likely catch up if not surpass the S/P in tech/options and probably reach it as far as far as straight line speed goes. Cornering I think the Mustang will always outpace it.
Sponsored