Location for Liber-T/Télépéage tag

Mike Clark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar XF SportBrake, Jeep Renegade, GT 'vert
I wonder if my European Cousins can help me please?

As I've had a few trips over to France recently, rather than struggle with aiming the car close enough to the toll machines for Mrs Clark to reach out the Window and grab the ticket, I invested in a Liber-T Tag.

Which I installed in the mottled area at the top of the windscreen as per the instructions. I installed it next to the square box that I assume contains the rain sensor for the auto wipers.

On Friday on the A26 out of Calais, I approached the barrier (in a lane with T on the Display) and smugly thought I'd sail right through.

Except I didn't. There was a gnashing of teeth, rude language, reverse gear and re positioning of the car (and I'm sorry to the others that I held up).

I'm assuming the tag is broken as even with the roof down and Mrs Clark with the tag in her hand above the windscreen, nothing worked.

However can I double check that the mottled area of the windscreen in a mustang is the right place? Or are there other places it's known to work from?

A replacement tag is on way out to me to I'll try again for in 2 weeks for the 3rd Lux meet

Thanks

Mike
Sponsored