Sponsored

Mustang GT4.R vs Camaro (ZL1 1LE)GT4.R

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Two Mustangs at Mosport IMSA GS this weekend!
Looks like the Mustangs had some bad luck at this race, but that is racing. One week you on top and the next you can't buy a break. Still nice to see some good racing.:cheers:
Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Looks like the Mustangs had some bad luck at this race, but that is racing. One week you on top and the next you can't buy a break. Still nice to see some good racing.:cheers:
The Mustang is too good for its own good. They had to hamstring it in order to let the other guys compete.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I'll see if it's televised on FS1 and watch it as this mustang vs McLaren vs Camaro may get heated,lol,heated. CTSC or PWC?
It was IMSA and they always broadcast the GS/ST races a week after they're run. So, the Mustang's win at Watkins Glen was on last Sunday and the Camaro win will be on this coming weekend.

Not long after they play on FS1 IMSA loads them up and can be viewed anytime on IMSA.TV You can go back and watch all the races that have been broadcast, all series I believe.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
The Mustang is too good for its own good. They had to hamstring it in order to let the other guys compete.
They're competitive, that's all I care about. Well I like it better when they win, but if they are competitive here in IMSA and PWC they will be in Europe and Asia too, and that will be cool!

I guess one Mustang was in a crash and the other had vibration issues and lost a bunch of laps. I got dragged to the fair, and missed the IMSA.TV live webcast.

Teething issues and bad luck are why we need more Mustangs out there racing. There should be at least as many Mustangs as McLarens I think.

Sponsored

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Won again yesterday. This is what the Pill is doing now.:frusty::headbonk:
Was the Camaro win due to better performance or Mustang handicap / mechanical failure? Or better drivers, etc.

Just trying to put it into perspective.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Was the Camaro win due to better performance or Mustang handicap / mechanical failure? Or better drivers, etc.

Just trying to put it into perspective.
Didn't get to see it, but it looks like one mechanical and one incident probably. They don't publish much when it's not "good news" but the replay will be broadcast on Saturday. The Ford GT has been BoPed out of contention at this point. The Porsche and BMWs seem to have just enough of an edge to keep the rest behind.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Dean's car had electrical issues. Unsure if they are related to some of what they saw at Mosport (where both a driveshaft and a flywheel failed when the ring gear slipped off in addition to a failing alternator).

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
How is this series doing overall? Maybe not the right place to ask but I remember I used to watch these all the time back in the early 90's. Robby Gordon being one of Roush's drivers. He used to drive the wheels off those cars. Lost interest after so many rule changes.

That is a nice looking car though.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
These Mustang are some the greatest looking vehicles ever made, period.
Mustang GT4 has a mean and nasty yet streamlined look, kind of like a Mako Shark. It's not super sexy, like most of the GT3 and GTE/GTLM cars i.e. Ford GT, and might not be the best looking Mustang ever, but is definitely the best road racing Mustang ever!
(I don't count the highly modified Zakspeed Mustangs, which if I remember right were prototypes)
Sponsored