Tacklebury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Today's winning comment....

In response to me pointing out a couple of tiny scratches on my front splitter, probably from the factory:

"It's not a 200k super car it's a 40k mass produced car...."

C**t.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I got told I wouldn't have a courtesy car.

I got told my car was needed 3-4 days to have underseal pictures done.

I queried the second statement. Twice.

Second time i was told that it was actually to have warranty work done as well (Window catch and boot alignment).

Very confused. Not sure whether to be happy or annoyed?

Tacklebury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Ow, if they adjust my boot all the paint on the bolts will get scratched and messed up...

I'll do it myself then...

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Ow, if they adjust my boot all the paint on the bolts will get scratched and messed up...

I'll do it myself then...
Won't go down well with me if that happens. raise hell on 'em.

Sponsored

Techne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fallowcafe.com
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang GT in Guard
Had my passenger window adjusted today - works perfectly now - they also fixed the vibration problem and off-centre steering wheel they had caused by incorrectly balancing & aligning my wheels last time.

:doh:

Although at least it was quick and they gave me a courtesy car - a bottom spec Fiesta.

:rolleyes:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Had my passenger window adjusted today - works perfectly now - they also fixed the vibration problem and off-centre steering wheel they had caused by incorrectly balancing & aligning my wheels last time.

:doh:

Although at least it was quick and they gave me a courtesy car - a bottom spec Fiesta.

I'd take a fucking KA right now. I'd prefer a car of equal value and/or performance or convenience, such as size etc. But i couldn't give a shit. I just need a car to get my ass home lol.

Nearest station is about 40mins walk away, through probably one of the shittiest neighborhoods in Birmingham. :frusty:

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
I'd take a fucking KA right now. I'd prefer a car of equal value and/or performance or convenience, such as size etc. But i couldn't give a shit. I just need a car to get my ass home lol.

Nearest station is about 40mins walk away, through probably one of the shittiest neighborhoods in Birmingham. :frusty:
Yep. Stick with annoyed. It's what you're good at. :D

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
I'm in this at the moment (Mustang in for warranty work) - although I only used it to get home from the garage. Normally I relish a courtesy/hire car as every mile is a mile not put on my own car, but ....

IMG_1002.JPG

If it's Bristol Street Motors, come on Manders we both know it's not quite 40 minutes nor the worst neighborhood in Birmingham.

I know the feeling though, I've shuffled off from BSM to the station before. Although the last time I went there (many years ago), I did get a courtesy car, only to be called up the next day by the manager demanding it back immediately as "I'd be given it by mistake" (they'd obviously double booked it). When I said no, he said he'd call the police and tell them I'd stolen it. What a ridiculous man.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in this at the moment (Mustang in for warranty work) - although I only used it to get home from the garage. Normally I relish a courtesy/hire car as every mile is a mile not put on my own car, but ....

IMG_1002.JPG

If it's Bristol Street Motors, come on Manders we both know it's not quite 40 minutes nor the worst neighborhood in Birmingham.

I know the feeling though, I've shuffled off from BSM to the station before. Although the last time I went there (many years ago), I did get a courtesy car, only to be called up the next day by the manager demanding it back immediately as "I'd be given it by mistake" (they'd obviously double booked it). When I said no, he said he'd call the police and tell them I'd stolen it. What a ridiculous man.
It's not BSM because they don't have a body shop anymore. I took it originally to BSM and just walked to mailbox and then to where I worked. Pretty simple. The fact it's not at that location is down to purely the need for a bodyshop.

Sponsored

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
It's not BSM because they don't have a body shop anymore. I took it originally to BSM and just walked to mailbox and then to where I worked. Pretty simple. The fact it's not at that location is down to purely the need for a bodyshop.
OK, I'll let you off then! Still pretty poor not even getting a loaner when its in for warranty work. It's not as if you are there by choice.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Ive had warranty work carried out by BMW and to be fair they weren't able to provide a courtesy car although did give me a lift home.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Ive had warranty work carried out by BMW and to be fair they weren't able to provide a courtesy car although did give me a lift home.
I'd take a lift to the station to be honest.

I'm now WFH and going on my lunch break, getting my little brother to convoy with me and take me home. The joys. :doh::frusty:

SteveyB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT fastback, Ruby Red Auto, custom.
Collected car today, Ashton Gate Bristol, short handover,too much to take on board for sync3 etc. No freebies, no mustang key ring or mug, full tank of fuel but ÂŁ60 added to purchase price. Small paint chip on bootlid to be fixed later, number plate holders fixed in spite of requesting not to be. All tyres changed to MPSS free due to earlier dealer error. Measured tyre pressures when home, all four different pressures but not one of them correct, I'll get onto that tomorrow. Delivery mileage 10miles. Pictures on above thread. Hope the heatwave continues for a long drive tomorrow.

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Collected car today, Ashton Gate Bristol, short handover,too much to take on board for sync3 etc. No freebies, no mustang key ring or mug, full tank of fuel but ÂŁ60 added to purchase price. Small paint chip on bootlid to be fixed later, number plate holders fixed in spite of requesting not to be. All tyres changed to MPSS free due to earlier dealer error. Measured tyre pressures when home, all four different pressures but not one of them correct, I'll get onto that tomorrow. Delivery mileage 10miles. Pictures on above thread. Hope the heatwave continues for a long drive tomorrow.
Congratulations on the collection! It still amazes me that despite asking the plate holders are still attached, unbelievable really. What was the dealer error that resulted in free MPSS? Just curious! I keep a close eye on my tyre pressures since I had a new one fitted, they do fluctuate quite a bit when driving. Normally sit at 2.2 bar but at any one time, one or more can go up or down by 0.1.
Sponsored