Sponsored

So how was your Ford experience today?

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Ok, rant coming. I think it's about time we had a specific thread for our dealings with Ford and their so called customer service. I will start...

So on Monday I phoned to book my Mustang in to have a couple of things checked out; I have the "change engine oil soon" message (understandable as I am at 9000 miles) and my brakes are awfully squeaky at light braking. Which is quite annoying. So I was booked in for today (Saturday).

Things didn't start well. The guy on reception took my keys and after mentioning a potential oil change, he says "we may not be able to do the change as I don't think we have any oil filters in stock, this will be the first one we have had to do as well". Brilliant. You have been selling these now for well over a year, had them in the dealership since late 2015 and you don't have probably one of the most common service items. I handed over my keys however.

About 90 minutes passed when the guy came back over to say my car was ready. They had reset the oil warning light for me (could have done that myself, instead of driving 40 miles to the dealership) and despite taking the car out, the brakes didn't squeak once?! They did adjust the tyre pressure on my new tyre as requested - it was a little high. The only thing they did to my satisfaction. As my 10,000 mile service was due, he suggested that I can have the oil done then - fair enough. Not happy after driving all this way, but fair enough.

When I sat in the car, I dithered for a moment about the brakes thinking "shall I just leave it?" but sure enough, a quick drive and the noise is there - very irritating and very noticeable. So I span round and headed back in to the showroom. One of the workshop workers then came out with me and sure enough he then experience the squeaky brakes. "It's just the brake dust, so the callipers/pads will need a clean. Nothing to worry about anyway - not doing any damage". Great - a little peace of mind. Any chance you can do this today? "Sorry, we can't get it done today".

FFS - after making an 80 mile round trip, and losing my whole morning. I got neither of the two things I went in for. I made the conscious decision today that I will no longer be having Ford do anything with my car unless its absolutely necessary.

Ironically Modurstang is only a few miles up the road. I have dropped them an email asking about having my service done there.

I also noted that there was not a single Mustang in the showroom, nor was there any brochures. There was a TY GT outside the front door, but that dissapeared not long after I walked in. Assuming one of the staff went for a quick hoon around (I think that's what I could hear outside!). Could't see any Mustangs in the car park either, not that I looked that hard. Some Ford store ay!

So there you go. Another classic example of how poor Ford really are.

Feel a little better now I have had my rant - I'm sure you guys understand the urge!

Anyways, off to try out my new snow foam lance and finally get all hat NC500 muck off.

:cheers:
Sponsored

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Not as far but I drove the 50 mile round trip to Guildford as I was told to come in as my oil service light was on at under 5000 miles.

Get there to be told that they would do an oil change under warranty and booked me in for 2 weeks later.

Happy that I was getting free oil I only made a jokey remark about how this could have all been done on the phone.

2 weeks later I make the trip again after only 3 hours sleep due to working away and get given a Kuga, after another Mustang was promised, to go home in.

3 hours later I get a call that my car is ready as they have reset the light thus it doesn't need the oil change unless I want to pay 240 pounds to have it done.

I didn't so drove the Kuga back and picked up my Mustang where I found that any idiot, including me, can reset the light.

Complete waste of 2 days.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Mike at Modurstang would have the service items in stock and on the shelves, too ;)

It's a real shame that the dealership experience seems to be the worst part of S550 ownership. I'd "sticky" this one, if I were you Kristian.

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Not sure how they wouldn't have any filters in stock as even MY dealer had one. IIRC it's not specific to the Mustang.
[MENTION=14112]croyde[/MENTION] so Think are also charging £240 for an oil change then? I laughed when I was told that price although she did say it might change as no-one had asked for one and they hadn't done one yet so weren't sure how tricky they were(!). Looks like that's the actual price then.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
£240 lol who are they kidding lol the parts and oil is like £60, so Ford are charging £180er hour labour?

Let's get this sticky because though the car is great Ford service is nothing but shocking.

Sponsored

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
My dealer rings me almost every day to have that sunglass drawer replaced under warranty. I just ignore the phone calls as I don't want them touching my car. They are bound to scratch something when removing it.

Unless I have a huge engine fault like Gibbos or a gear box issue, I would rather pay out of pocket for something minor.

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
My dealer rings me almost every day to have that sunglass drawer replaced under warranty. I just ignore the phone calls as I don't want them touching my car. They are bound to scratch something when removing it.

Unless I have a huge engine fault like Gibbos or a gear box issue, I would rather pay out of pocket for something minor.
Jimboy - that sunglasses thing wont need to be replaced - mine was the same for months - wouldnt open. After a bit of a firm poke it worked and has worked since (without the need for a firm poke!).

Will get this stickied.

How they can charge 240 for an oil change is beyond me. They did tell me that the first service was 190 (i think) which included the oil change.

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Jimboy - that sunglasses thing wont need to be replaced - mine was the same for months - wouldnt open. After a bit of a firm poke it worked and has worked since (without the need for a firm poke!).

Will get this stickied.

How they can charge 240 for an oil change is beyond me. They did tell me that the first service was 190 (i think) which included the oil change.
Yeah I managed to get mine working but they still want to replace it :headbonk:

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
Well overall ..... where do you start on this one?! Pre RHD-production ordering, post RHD-production ordering, communication, QC, Ford customer service, dealer customer service, communication - it's been all pretty shabby all round.

The latest underseal fiasco has been a perfect illustration of just how poor the whole experience has been - not done properly in the first place, QC clearly non-existent, try to initiate a fix 'on the cheap', work gets done with extremely variable quality, try to arse-cover by saying 'it's waxy-oily and not meant to cure' (what a load of cobblers) to avoid doing a proper job. How much more disrespectfully could customers possibly be treated?
Maybe individually the issues wouldn't have been worth worrying about too much, but it's the cumulative effect that's just wearing me down. For damned near £40k it's just plain not good enough. I'll try to get whatever I can out of Ford for free to help maintain the re-sale value of my car then, despite the fact that I actually love the car, it'll be sold and I'll have nothing further to do with Ford.

PS ... btw, I had an oil and filter change done by my local dealer for just less than £100 - so quite where they're getting £240 from is beyond me ..... dealer taking their lead from Ford and just taking the piss out of the customer I suppose.

That's better, a good rant always helps! :D

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Its the inconsistency more than anything
I get my oil change FOC under warranty yet others just get it reset.

Ford are making a complete and utter hash of after sales but then why should they bother? They are no doubt selling the units they want to, they have a flagship model they can use for advertising and marketing. Not much point in looking after us properly.

Sponsored

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT cars name (HAMMER)
Well Ford are looking like a bunch of clowns!!
All my work has been done by myself and a local
Garage I use for our work vehicles, known him for
Years and I can use his tools ramps etc, unless something
drastic goes wrong With my car Ford will never see it again,
Vauxhall Are worse with the £55000.00 Gen F VXR8,
They just say call Walkinshaw, hopefully Ford will
get there act together soon as the Jo public will soon
Fall out with this level of service.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Will get this stickied.

I'll have you know I did not give it a firm poke, just poked it in a special way ;)!

I won't even get started on Ford, you all know my trails and tribulations with them, their back office seems a little more ITK, but the dealerships and bodyshops seem a bit more disjointed and 'winging' it. I'll sum it up to save Hulk-mander arising :lol:

Techne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fallowcafe.com
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang GT in Guard
Well... Mixed.

I busted up my alloys and damaged the hub & bearing on the offside rear by nicely sliding the car sideways into a kerb (entirely my fault, although I suppose I could blame the tyres).

Evans Halshaw Old Trafford fixed everything pretty quick, hub & bearing same day but they had to wait 4 days for new wheels to arrive from France. Price seemed fairly reasonable to me: approx. £1500 for two new alloys, 2 new tyres, new rear hub & bearing and labour etc.

But... they fitted the rear tyre wrong so it was leaking around the valve, then when they fixed that they fitted the wrong tyre pressure sensor so the car didn't understand it, then finally got it right. Those last two trips they did sort it out no hassle while I waited.

Booked in to have my passenger window looked at (the doesn't-drop-quick-enough thing), will see how that goes.

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
Well... Mixed.

I busted up my alloys and damaged the hub & bearing on the offside rear by nicely sliding the car sideways into a kerb (entirely my fault, although I suppose I could blame the tyres).

Evans Halshaw Old Trafford fixed everything pretty quick, hub & bearing same day but they had to wait 4 days for new wheels to arrive from France. Price seemed fairly reasonable to me: approx. £1500 for two new alloys, 2 new tyres, new rear hub & bearing and labour etc.

But... they fitted the rear tyre wrong so it was leaking around the valve, then when they fixed that they fitted the wrong tyre pressure sensor so the car didn't understand it, then finally got it right. Those last two trips they did sort it out no hassle while I waited.

Booked in to have my passenger window looked at (the doesn't-drop-quick-enough thing), will see how that goes.
Holy shit:eyebulge:, sorry to hear about the damage - just shows how crap the tyres are! £1.5k could have gone a long way in mods:D

SuperJB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback - Magnetic Grey - UK Spec RHD
208a3rt.jpg

2hczupt.jpg

:lol:
Sponsored