Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
But the OEM wheels are difference offsets but are consistent. Again, I'm maybe just too OCD but I'd like it to look more OEM and be consistent front/rear, not like someone tried to save some time or money.
The non R oem wheels are the same. The offset is different and the lugs protrude different front to rear.
Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
But the OEM wheels are difference offsets but are consistent. Again, I'm maybe just too OCD but I'd like it to look more OEM and be consistent front/rear, not like someone tried to save some time or money.
The oem wheels were designed to have the same face front and rear for both a different offset and width. Not all wheels do this. If you were to do this on the 350 with certain wheels you'd have wheels sticking out further front to rear vs. Lugs. The front wheel on the 350 has a much deeper pad and you can feel it/see ot when cleaning them.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Yeah, that picture is just too dark, but I still like it for some reason. This one is a bit lighter.
I like how these wheels show off the big beautiful brakes. Gets me thinking if clear powdercoat could be used to protect the aluminum center section.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
This first picture of the black rims sure reminds me of dark powder coated C5 or C6 corvette rim. I hope they look better up close. I have not seen many 5 spoke designs that I thought were the "Shiznit", except some dedicated race rims.
Anyone know who the owner of this R is?? He wrecked his car at the track event.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Btw.. go check the oem wheels.. they aren't consistent. Lol I didn't think they were but wanted to check first.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
For those with wheels other than black(Silver/Gunmetal, etc) how bad is the brake dust showing up?

oldmachguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Btw.. go check the oem wheels.. they aren't consistent. Lol I didn't think they were but wanted to check first.
But if you're talking about how much the lugs protrude, they are very close. Find a high res., closeup image of each, then toggle back and forth.

It's all personal preference, but I really like the non-concave, chrome lug - on black wheel look. It's more like something you would see at the track, as opposed to something you might see at a car show wearing a brightly polished gold, red, or green anodized finish.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
But if you're talking about how much the lugs protrude, they are very close. Find a high res., closeup image of each, then toggle back and forth.

It's all personal preference, but I really like the non-concave, chrome lug - on black wheel look. It's more like something you would see at the track, as opposed to something you might see at a car show wearing a brightly polished gold, red, or green anodized finish.
I mean I don't need an image, I have one in the garage. I got a pretty good look when I was cleaning them this morning.

The stock casting just has fairly deep lug holes and the front has substantially more mounting bad to suck up some of the positive offset. Which takes up a lot of the lug. Edit: here I went out and took pics then combined them. Substantially different.
IMG_20160709_152730.jpg

Last edited:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
So 1 - those aren't R wheels and 2 - those don't look bad - different, yes but at least one doesn't clearly stick out past the face...I could live with the stock non-r setup.

I'm not even saying I would never buy the N4S ones - I just think that aspect of them stands out and makes them look a little funny. IF we didn't have the R wheel to compare it to, it might look fine. I'm just OCD, lol.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Just so you all know the Black R on this thread uses open lug nuts. What you are actually seeing is the R's stock longer studs.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Why are the lugs sticking out different amounts on the rear vs the front of the R replicas? Is the only difference in the profiles of the wheels the mounting pad itself? That's the problem I've had with some brands of wheels in the past - when they do different offsets, they only modify the pad and personally I think it looks funny. I guess it's done so they don't have to technically design two different wheel profiles and saves money? I think these reps are different front and rear - they look like the concavity is different...? So I'm not sure why this was done.
I changed mine a little bit by buying longer lug nuts for the front...

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Last edited:

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R