Best 'R' replica spoiler

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
^^ The carbon2carbon piece above looks right on the money.
Sponsored

GattmanLA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT500 (SOLD)
Carbon 2 Carbon. It's the only one out there that actually looks and fits like the OEM one. Some of the other companies are great quality, but the C2C is the only one that combines amazing quality and OEM design and fit.

Here's mine ready for pickup....

OP
OP

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Looks beautiful!

HBlakeH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP / Oxford White / Recaros
Anyone know where I can order a Carbon2Carbon R Wing? Their website has no information at all.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Its my next purchase, but Like you I cant seem to find out an easy way to order one.

they put up a video they would sell hundreds of these overnight, perhaps they have a capacity issue.

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Hi everyone,

Resurrecting an old thread so I don't create a new one. Looking for some responses from those who have experiences with the aftermarket R spoilers.

I have found a local guy who has a Ruby Red spoiler-delete trunk lid that is willing to trade. I am looking to put an R-styled Spoiler on it (trying to steer away from the "authenticity" conversation around replica spoilers). I would like it to be paint the same color as my roof and mirrors.

I've been looking at the fiberglass and ABS ones because you can buy them pre-painted. However, I've seen some complaints of the fiberglass/ABS spoilers vibrating at speed. Anyone have experience with these? I know GT_Dave does - I've asked him quite a few question through PMs :)

Anyone buy an carbon fiber version and have it painted? The CF ones sound to be more rigid and stiff, but I haven't been able to find a case of someone having their's painted black yet.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
C2C is the only company that I'm aware of that Ford shared CAD data with such that they could replicate the factory wing in exposed CF. I spoke with Chris at C2C about this, great guy. I ordered one a few weeks back and expect nothing less than the quality I have witnessed so far from others that have purchased them.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
C2C is the only company that I'm aware of that Ford shared CAD data with such that they could replicate the factory wing in exposed CF. I spoke with Chris at C2C about this, great guy. I ordered one a few weeks back and expect nothing less than the quality I have witnessed so far from others that have purchased them.
They sure look beautiful. Choking a bit over the price, though! Not sure if I can convince the wife unit of it - especially after all the brake components I just bought :)

Are you leaving yours exposed CF or painting?

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
C2C. I have an Anderson Composite (among other carbon parts from them) and wish I knew about C2C earlier. It is pricey, but well worth it. Save the future headache and minor disappointments and go with the quality stuff from C2C.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
C2C. I have an Anderson Composite (among other carbon parts from them) and wish I knew about C2C earlier. It is pricey, but well worth it. Save the future headache and minor disappointments and go with the quality stuff from C2C.
Do you mind elaborating? What aren't you happy with? Any pictures?

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Leaving it exposed. If I painted it somebody might accuse me of being poseuristic.

:D
Ha! I know I'll get that. But the black is a requirement on a Ruby Red!

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Do you mind elaborating? What aren't you happy with? Any pictures?
I am happy with mines, but wanted a closer replica to the actually R spoiler. Anderson Composite stuff are nice and the wing is great, but still off from the original. The weave is laid down really well and fitment was not too bad (fitted onto their carbon trunk). Just the style and OEM look was off. I don;t have much pictures of just the wing as I haven't gotten around to finishing up some tweaks to the car yet. Here are some old ones that may help?

Major%20Upgrades%202_zpsce1tp1hd.jpg

Carbon%20Trunk%20Day%208_zpsbig2o3ph.jpg

Carbon%20Trunk%20Day%2010_zpsfginfzko.jpg

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350