Sponsored

Replacement Windscreen

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Got mine from safelite...looks excatly the same as factory
Safelite usually works with white label windscreens, which are basically the same quality as original manufacturers but without the car brand logo on them. So yeah it would be very interesting to know if your replacement window came with or without the Ford logo behind the rear view mirror.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Safelite usually works with white label windscreens, which are basically the same quality as original manufacturers but without the car brand logo on them. So yeah it would be very interesting to know if your replacement window came with or without the Ford logo behind the rear view mirror.

I'm sure there's a few people that would snap for a windscreen without the ford logo on and just the black sun lines...

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I had a part of a branch fall on to my windscreen and crack it. Autoglass came out and replaced and all I had to do was pay the excess, insurance paid the rest. If it's a crack it has to be replaced you can't just fix it, you can only fix small chips.

CapitanPug

Big Bear
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Audi A5, Mitsibushi L200
Hey Johnny, My RR GT windscreen took a flying stone hit from car in front on Friday :doh:
I was lucky it didn't crack further -was about 5mm dia. With 2 small side cracks about 5mm long.
Autoglass came out today & done a repair to it for £14 on my insurance (VAT cost only).
They said they could source a new windscreen if needed - hope you get sorted okay :thumbsup:

Actual

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 V8 GT Auto Fastback Black
Hey Johnny, My RR GT windscreen took a flying stone hit from car in front on Friday :doh:
I was lucky it didn't crack further -was about 5mm dia. With 2 small side cracks about 5mm long.
Autoglass came out today & done a repair to it for £14 on my insurance (VAT cost only).
They said they could source a new windscreen if needed - hope you get sorted okay :thumbsup:
I have also had an Autoglass windscreen chip repair on my Mustang. It was a small but deep chip inside the swept wiper area on the driver side and the technician warned me before he stared work that it would not be invisible. It is completely smooth and I can't detect the chip area by touch but it is still visible but not actually a distraction.

Sponsored

OP
OP
j0weave6

j0weave6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Guard
It was just a chip at first, a decent sized one. Then it started to crack almost halfway across the windscreen. Now I'm just waiting on the glass to be imported and then National Windscreens will do the install. Hopefully everything works out. Only time will tell.

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
It was just a chip at first, a decent sized one. Then it started to crack almost halfway across the windscreen. Now I'm just waiting on the glass to be imported and then National Windscreens will do the install. Hopefully everything works out. Only time will tell.
Just make sure they get the right one. Some one of the Facebook page ended up with a LH one. So the VIN cut out is in the wrong place :frusty:

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine done through the insurance, cost £70 and didn't go down as a claim. Was slightly disappointed they didn't kick it out like they do in the movies :(

OP
OP
j0weave6

j0weave6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Guard
It is getting imported from the states so hopefully it's the correct one.

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Got in my car and a massive crack about 2 foot long.

Wasn't there when I last drove it.

Autoglass are replacing it but are saying that if I insist on an OE one, I will be liable for the cost as my insurance company will only cover the price of an equivalent aftermarket one.

Sponsored

Cypress98

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 5.0 GT Auto
Hmmm, I wonder if replacing with an aftermarket screen would be classed as a modification from manufacturer's original specification????

Aero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robin
Vehicle(s)
2018 C63 AMG Estate
Got in my car and a massive crack about 2 foot long.

Wasn't there when I last drove it.

Autoglass are replacing it but are saying that if I insist on an OE one, I will be liable for the cost as my insurance company will only cover the price of an equivalent aftermarket one.
Don't worry too much about this mate. I had mine replaced through Autoglass 2 weeks ago and got told the same thing.

As I was driving to France 3 days later I told them just to fit whatever windscreen they had. When the fitter turned up, he had the official Ford windscreen :D

Turns out the Mustang is so rare that apparently no-one other than Ford makes the windscreen, so apparently you should get the original Ford one anyway! :thumbsup:

As an aside, I paid a £75 insurance excess and the fitter showed me the invoice for the new windscreen - it cost my insurer £1,968 and apparently had to be air freighted from Nashville because there were none in the country! :lol:

Fitter told me it was the most expensive windscreen he'd ever fitted! Did a fantastic job though, so I fully recommend Autoglass. :thumbsup:

Hope you get the same experience.

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Blimey!

So the oem windscreen is 6% of the whole cost of my car.

Thanks tho and fingers crossed.

Ta

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Under no circumstances use national windscreens!!!! They made a terrible mess of my Volvo. It wasn't aligned well. He stuck a massive rubber strip over the gap that then proceeded to fall off. Refuse to let them touch it until you confirm they are using oem parts including any rubber trim.
Sponsored