Rumor - The GT500 thread

Trappen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost premium
If Ford could put the voodoo in a ME platform...at around 3000 lbs +. No reason at all that car should start above 120K . Sure, a bit of R & D and a new chassis but I bet they could sell 15,000 at that price without problems. Look at how many corvettes sold the last few years. Shit loads and a lot of those were around 100K I believe there are a lot of ford enthusiasts that would love a corvette competitor. I am one of those people!!

For me a American made ME car is a life long keeper, depending on reliability and timelessness. Make an affordable, performance ME and they will come.

just a quick link http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1096198_2019-chevrolet-corvette-c8-spy-shots
Kinda like this one? http://www.mustangandfords.com/news/1505-a-mid-engine-boss-429-mustang-yes-its-true/
Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Demon is a somewhat street-able Drag Strip car with no passenger and rear seating but still weighs over 2 tons...talk-about niche market.
The ZL1 is not selling at $70K+...
Ford Performance has 12 cars slated before 2020
If you're paying $70K +on a ZL1 you're over paying. They can be had close to $60k.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I just hope they don't just build a glorified Roush and go for HP bragging rights. Yes, I wanna see it have 700+ HP but I hope it's not just a tire shredding straight line machine, with some track ability. I hope it's an actual Halo mustang that closes the gap on the corvette significantly, not essentially a Ford equivalent of a ZL1 or Hellcat.

hated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 gt500
So the next se mustang has been leaked. The bullit is back with some stickers, green paint, and 10 more horsepower on paper. GREAT!!

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I just hope they don't just build a glorified Roush and go for HP bragging rights. Yes, I wanna see it have 700+ HP but I hope it's not just a tire shredding straight line machine, with some track ability. I hope it's an actual Halo mustang that closes the gap on the corvette significantly, not essentially a Ford equivalent of a ZL1 or Hellcat.
I agree. I've been writing it over and over again.
I hope the new GT500 has gobs of power and torque and is a real performer!!

So the next se mustang has been leaked. The bullit is back with some stickers, green paint, and 10 more horsepower on paper. GREAT!!
LOL :D
Yeah,....that car doesn't interest in the least.

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Sorry if posted already,this thread is all over the place lol,but has anyone seen the horsepower kings utube vid of the 2018 gt500 testing at the strip?Rumored that lowest pass of the day was a 10.9.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Sorry if posted already,this thread is all over the place lol,but has anyone seen the horsepower kings utube vid of the 2018 gt500 testing at the strip?Rumored that lowest pass of the day was a 10.9.
That's just a click-bait website, so take everything they post with a pinch of salt. Those cars testing were, in fact, GT350s.

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Which Corvette? The 350TP is as fast as a C7 Z51, and a 350R is quite a bit faster...

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Which Corvette? The 350TP is as fast as a C7 Z51, and a 350R is quite a bit faster...
Well when talking about a halo mustang I thought most would think Z06!! The R is a little behind the GS. Z06 is in another league. I'd like to see a halo mustang at least be close to the Z06 and clearly ahead of the ZL1.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Well when talking about a halo mustang I thought most would think Z06!! The R is a little behind the GS. Z06 is in another league. I'd like to see a halo mustang at least be close to the Z06 and clearly ahead of the ZL1.
We will see what happens when the Mustang is FI.

But in reality, the Vette is a completely different type of car. It eschews convenience for performance. Zero back seat and tiny trunk space. It's literally 4 wheels and an engine in seran wrap. That the Mustang is so often compared to it is quite the compliment for a humble "pony car."

Be interesting to see what the GT500 ends up doing. Traditionally, they have been big power and not much else, though the '13-14 versions could handle pretty dang well for a solid axle. GT350R on steroids AKA GT500KR would be insanity. And I imagine it comes very close to the Zo6 - or possibly beats it with 755+ HP.

Sponsored

legendary mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt

But in reality, the Vette is a completely different type of car. It eschews convenience for performance. Zero back seat and tiny trunk space. It's literally 4 wheels and an engine in seran wrap. That the Mustang is so often compared to it is quite the compliment for a humble "pony car."

Be interesting to see what the GT500 ends up doing. Traditionally, they have been big power and not much else, though the '13-14 versions could handle pretty dang well for a solid axle. GT350R on steroids AKA GT500KR would be insanity. And I imagine it comes very close to the Zo6 - or possibly beats it with 755+ HP.
755 for the new COBRA is fine BUT,the demon might have 800 + hp.if 755hp is gonna be for the COBRA then a 850hp GT500 KR is needed.:lol:
:cheers::ford:

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06

They are different but unfortunately Ford does not offer an affordable alternative. Believe it or not the hatch in a Corvette is much larger then you think the problem is it has no partition between the seats. Its possible that with 755 hp it could come close/beat it, but my concern is it'll have that power only 315 tires and won't be able to actually put the power down.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
They are different but unfortunately Ford does not offer an affordable alternative. Believe it or not the hatch in a Corvette is much larger then you think the problem is it has no partition between the seats. Its possible that with 755 hp it could come close/beat it, but my concern is it'll have that power only 315 tires and won't be able to actually put the power down.
That's the big knock I've heard on the ZO6 is that it has too much power for the chassis. It's dangerous to drive with the nannies turned off. Motor Trend even called it "unfinished".

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
^ lol if thats true the Bullitt has always been about the badge. The sad part is the owners think they are worth something. Perhaps the late 60's Bullitt (did Ford ever make a Bullitt model of that era?) is worth something, the SN95 and s197 bullitts are just over priced GT's with a badge and a minimal power bump.
Money better spent on a regular GT and some long tube headers + tune.
Sponsored