GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Check it's fitted properly, when Autoglass replaced my Audi A4 windscreen, they left scratches on the trim and terrible condensation on the inside when it got cold.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Check it's fitted properly, when Autoglass replaced my Audi A4 windscreen, they left scratches on the trim and terrible condensation on the inside when it got cold.
Why is it that it seems whatever you have done, to anything you own, by a "professional", there's normally something sub standard about the job? It seems that no one takes any pride in the job any more and just wants to get the money and go home?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
most of them aren't "professionals" thats why they're just unemployed bum off the street that wants his beer money and companies don't invest in training staff up any more.

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If i remember correctly when i insisted that i had the proper RHD Ford screen fitted, Autoglass had to check with Admiral first before ordering.

Sponsored

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
My BMW windscreen got a massive 2cm stone chip on it. Initially, autoglass were going to put a normal autoglass logo windshield on, I had to speak to the insurance company (admiral) and they approved an OEM windscreen because the car was under 3 years.

If they tried to put a none aftermarket windscreen on this without the ford badge, my argument would be that its not like for like at all as the ford badge is no longer there. it would be like replacing the front grill with an aftermarket one without the pony.

Not kosher.

Aero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robin
Vehicle(s)
2018 C63 AMG Estate
[MENTION=14112]croyde[/MENTION] - See my reply in the other windscreen thread. Autoglass should give you the OEM windscreen no matter what they say on the phone.

And yes, you could buy a second hand car for the actual cost of a new windscreen, so £75 is really not too bad! :eyebulge::crazy:

OP
OP

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Well today was the day and it was all going well. Proper OEM Ford Windscreen, the rain showers kept away and an enthusiastic guy who had done Mustangs before.

Knew what he was doing as to removing bits and bobs. Got old screen out and was polishing new screen.

Went to dry place it in place on the car for a final check just as the sun came out. He spotted it, not me, a foot long streak of watermarks on the passenger side. Took it off to give it another polish but its in the laminate.

Ford quality control strikes again. Poor bloke was more upset than me. You wouldn't really spot it unless sitting in the car.

I was tempted to say don't worry but......

I was supposed to take it on a work trip tomorrow for a few days but now it is sitting outside my place with the old windscreen carefully laid in place and covered in waterproof sticky plastic.

Another screen sourced that will be put on tomorrow whilst I am away.

Fekin hell.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Well today was the day and it was all going well. Proper OEM Ford Windscreen, the rain showers kept away and an enthusiastic guy who had done Mustangs before.

Knew what he was doing as to removing bits and bobs. Got old screen out and was polishing new screen.

Went to dry place it in place on the car for a final check just as the sun came out. He spotted it, not me, a foot long streak of watermarks on the passenger side. Took it off to give it another polish but its in the laminate.

Ford quality control strikes again. Poor bloke was more upset than me. You wouldn't really spot it unless sitting in the car.

I was tempted to say don't worry but......

I was supposed to take it on a work trip tomorrow for a few days but now it is sitting outside my place with the old windscreen carefully laid in place and covered in waterproof sticky plastic.

Another screen sourced that will be put on tomorrow whilst I am away.

Fekin hell.
With luck like this anyone would think your name was Nige??
Sponsored