Still not got my baby!!

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Well guys, I took the plunge and emailed Andy Barratt today.

I've had confirmation that the new door will be at least 3 weeks, then there will be thebrepair time on top of that!! At the end of the day I still won't have a brand new car.

So, I've asked if he can help and perhaps source me a replacement car to put some excitement back into this whole Mustang buying thing, which is pretty much a total anti climax for me at the moment.
Not sur if he'll be able to help because after all is said and done, this is probably a. Ruston Street issue rather than a Ford UK issue?
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Well guys, I took the plunge and emailed Andy Barratt today.

I've had confirmation that the new door will be at least 3 weeks, then there will be thebrepair time on top of that!! At the end of the day I still won't have a brand new car.

So, I've asked if he can help and perhaps source me a replacement car to put some excitement back into this whole Mustang buying thing, which is pretty much a total anti climax for me at the moment.
Not sur if he'll be able to help because after all is said and done, this is probably a. Ruston Street issue rather than a Ford UK issue?
Franchise or not, if the head honcho comes breathing down your neck, you're gonna get burned.

Hopefully all fixed sooner rather than later and Mr.B gets back to your pronto.

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
I'm sorry mate but i still don't understand why you don't just take the car now and enjoy it. Take it back in 3 weeks for them to do the door. At least you can get out and enjoy the car. Won't be long and it will be winter again and it's a far less enjoyable car in crap weather

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sorry mate but i still don't understand why you don't just take the car now and enjoy it. Take it back in 3 weeks for them to do the door. At least you can get out and enjoy the car. Won't be long and it will be winter again and it's a far less enjoyable car in crap weather
Good idea... I wonder if they'll le thim do that. they really should. :paddle:

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good idea... I wonder if they'll le thim do that. they really should. :paddle:
I think they want me to do that, but the way I see it is this...while it's there it's in their way and they'll want it out of their way. If I take it, I fear they'll keep me waiting another six weeks to book it in.

Mr Barratt didn't get back to me, but someone from customer services has. They have told me they can't deal with refund or replacement as that is a contract with the dealer, but they have said they will contact the dealer on my behalf to ensure I get a quality job in a sensible time frame.

For me the whole Mustang experience has been a bit of an anticlimax, kinda wish I'd never bothered!!

Sponsored

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Take the car and enjoy it. Go back in 3 weeks and have the door fixed. Ask for some nice compo in the way of some free servicing or similar.

Is it not that simple?

You seem to be missing out on enjoying your lovely new car, when it could be yours in the driveway.

Whilst I appreciate none of it should have happened, it seems a little like you are cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Hope that doesnt seem too rude/direct. Get out and enjoy the thing, and make sure you have a firm appt for the door when you pick it up (the car being at the dealer isnt going to make the door transit time go any quicker).

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
I think they want me to do that, but the way I see it is this...while it's there it's in their way and they'll want it out of their way.
All the time it's in their way there is more potential of it being damaged when moved around.

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
I have some sympathy for not wanting to drive it until its perfect. I have too much OCD and if something is not right then in its own way it spoils the fun of actually having it. A small dent to an OCD'er is like a trashed door to a sane person.
Yes, I am sad like that, i freely admit it

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just wanted to make you all aware of what we're talking about here when I say "dented" door.

As you can see in the accompanying pic, the panel is totally deformed mid way along its length just under the waist line.

In reality, the door is "in" just below the waist line and "out" in the lower third region of the door. Look at pics of other mustangs and you'll notice any reflection of a straight line or edge is as straight as the item being reflected. Note how the "horizon" on my door is not straight at all.

Any one who knows anything about body work will know this is a very difficult if not impossible repair, yet they still tried to repair it and hope I wouldn't notice.

Sponsored

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
I think I an see where you mean, below the mirror right?

Sure, it needs to be fixed..... but id still recommend you get out there and drive the bugger! The average Joe in the street is just going to see a lovely bright blue Mustang... they wont even see the defect. :)

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think I an see where you mean, below the mirror right?

Sure, it needs to be fixed..... but id still recommend you get out there and drive the bugger! The average Joe in the street is just going to see a lovely bright blue Mustang... they wont even see the defect. :)
I agree 100%, but to me with my OCD it totally ruins the whole experience. I think I would be less pissed off if it was accident damage that was my fault?

I also think that we wait so long for these cars and so look forward to ownership, this has dampened things down a bit.

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had an email from Claire at the Ford Customer relationship centre this morning, telling me my door will be at the dealers by the end of this week.

This is after the dealer sent me a mail last week telling me the door won't be in until August 28th at the earliest!!

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just had an email from the lovely Claire at Ford Customer Relations in forming me my door has been slightly delayed and will not be at the dealers until mid week next week now.

Honestly guys.. if you have any issues with your dealer, contact ford Customer Relations. Bristol Street ignore my emails now but Claire keeps me updated.

Reactions: GB
OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AT LAST!! The new door has arrived. The wonderful Claire at UKCRC is keeping me updated every couple of days now and is chasing Bristol Street on my behalf, which is lucky because they ignore me!!

Isn't it strange.. before you buy a new car your emails, messages and calls are dealt with straight away, once they have your money they couldn't give a cows ass about you. I find it quite annoying and upsetting at the same time.

If it wasn't for the Ford UKCRC I would be left on a limb and getting very angry and frustrated with what has turned out to be a god awful dealership..
Sponsored