Sponsored

The wait is over, she is here and I love her!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
They need to not only fix the issue, but try and re-inspire some confidence here! Reading this thread would not, as things stand, make you want to rush out and splash £1K on a set of their discs.

It's through forums such as this that many of us have invested in products that we would have otherwise not known about or perhaps not delved further into...

...oh... and cheers for being the 'Guinea Pig' on this [MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION]... we'd be lost without you and Manders!
Seems midlanders are the guinea pigs :lol::lol::lol:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

So the hunt for 2-piece disc at a fair price is improving, my fronts arrived and I can say they seem trouble free, though I am still running them in, I've done a few high speed stops which were completely smooth.

Also the G-Loc pads (low noise, low dust, not performance) I went for seem quite nice, initially stopping power seems not as good, but the pads are designed for better feel and a longer pedal, so you have to push more to stop harder. I prefer this as the o.e. pads are very much just touch them and through the windscreen you go. I cannot compare stopping power yet as still bedding in, but my guess is the stock pads should be as good or a touch better as stock pads are made by Ferodo and are DS2500 which is a fast road / track compound whereas the pads I've fitted are just a road pad with low noise and low dust being priority so not the best choice I've made considering I plan on a track day, ooops.

Anyway back to the disc, Mtec made them for me (sent them an original to copy, thanks Mac), and it seems they got the front right first time.

Here are some weights I've collected from various disc:
- Stock: 15.2kg (33.4lbs)
- GT 350 stock: 14kg (30lbs), cost $3800 plus delivery and taxes but full kit all round, so rears, calipers, half shafts etc.
- Mtec 2-piece: 12.2kg (26.9lbs), cost £499 delivered
- Girodisc 2-piece: 11kg (24.5lbs), cost $1000 plus delivery and taxes
- Baer 2-piece: 10.5kg (23.5lbs), cost $800 plus delivery and taxes
- Willwood 2-piece: 9kg (20.4lbs), cost $1500 and do not fit, ask [MENTION=13920]Enoch[/MENTION], though he is trying to fabricate a hat to make them work, if this works out these shall be the lightest option for fronts.

That is it, the Mtec does have an oversight, the inner part of the disc the brake pads don't touch this means they oxidise, so looks a bit naff, I have a potential solution which is to paint them with very high-temp black paint, seems to do the trick but early days so far, shall see how things look after a few weeks etc.

Fitted and not painted:

Painted:

Fingers crossed the painting works, otherwise I will need to find another solution and probably get them professionally treated or something.

Now fingers crossed the revised rears will work with no judder as the rears are super light at 5.2kg per disc, compared to 7.8kg for stock and also look ace. If we cannot get rears working it will drive me mad as my OCD will kick in if I cannot get rear matching disc at which point I will be monitoring what Enoch does closely and may end up ditching these and just going Wilwood front rotors and Wilwood rear big brake kit. But fingers crossed they will work as that will mean you can source in the UK 2-piece disc all round for less than a grand delivered and have any style you wish whilst shaving 12kg from the car in total. :)

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
when ordering from mtec you can request treatment/covering on the disks its like an extra £100 for all 4 disks then anywhere the pad doesn't touch doesn't rust
Ah nice of them to let me know about that, LOL!

Good for others to know and I suppose if my painting does not work I could always return them for treatment. :)

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Regarding my front rotor fitment issues, Willwood do loads of different offset Centre hats, and I've narrowed it down to 2 suitable candidates:)

I'm off to check my calculations with a brainy mate on wed, and based on his agreement with my calculations, I shall order sthe new hats:thumbsup:

The rear is a simple fix, just buy the Willwood calipers and fitting kit:D

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Had a go at painting the rears as managed to find somewhere with acid green paint in a tin for £10, its a perfect match also.

As done myself with a brush the quality is obviously not upto the standard of the front brembo's but as the rear caliper is textured that finish will never happen.

Gonna see how they fair, if turn to crud over next few days or paint comes off (its VHT) then I do have a plan B and C. :D

Other than that I have the following lined up, hopefully in time for Ford Fair:
- The RED DOT on the 5.0 badges, is getting wrapped acid green, a very minor detail but one I think that finishes the acid green touches off, bar an experimental part I have on the way also
- Gloss black mirror covers to match decklid, wing etc.
- Gloss black roof wrap to match decklid, mirrors, wing etc.
- Sequential front coplus indicators from Overclockers UK
- RGB front DRL/Fog lights from Mike Scott, will be set to white / yellowacidgreen it legal honest because its yellow officer. ;)

Thats it, track day Monday with [MENTION=13920]Enoch[/MENTION] should be fun.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Thats it, track day Monday with [MENTION=13920]Enoch[/MENTION] should be fun.
Guess who's gate crashing #YoureInMyCityNow (err I mean village) :lol:

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guess who's gate crashing #YoureInMyCityNow (err I mean village) :lol:
Well if you want I will let you have one of my sessions so you can take yours on for a quick blast.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Well if you want I will let you have one of my sessions so you can take yours on for a quick blast.
Tempting...might have a tactical WFH day mondya. What time?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi there

I've had the car just over 18 months now, its changed a lot in my ownership, being an early adopter some mistakes with early modding was made, well not mistakes but not the best option but also because at time options available now were not available then. Driving this car is a shear joy, though the other car on the drive is a totally sorted M3 (CSL beating drive) I always find myself taking the Mustang to work and on weekend trips.

Even though I've finally turned old and decided manuals are no longer a thing for me I still absolutely love driving this car, particular in warmer months, the handling for a big GT car is very good, it drives like a smaller and lighter car than it is, of course at the same time its no Cayman. Thought not much quicker than the M3 due to its weight and manual gearbox the power is simply more grin inducing as there is power and torque everywhere 1500-8000rpm.

It's being a great car, its had some warranty issues, the main nightmare being the oil cooler but that was more at fault of Bristol Street Ford in Stoke being absolutely totally useless when it comes to service and due to an absolute fail on there part at sourcing parts to remedy the job and then fitting the part incorrect resulted in 7 weeks downtime, what an utter joke! Thankfully I've now moved all service/warranty work to a family run Ford dealership in Congleton (Burns), who are absolutely superb and have turned warranty work around in hours!

It would probably be wise to sell now, but I simply cannot, going to keep the car for remainder of year and enjoy it, then make the decision to sell as is or remove most of the items that don't really impact its look, made a list of said items:

- Shelby GT350 Wheel: £300 (Move to MY18 maybe)
- Titanium Knob: £100
- KW Clubsport 2: £1500
- Steeda rear shock mounts: £200
- FRPP Anti-Roll Bars: £300
- BMR CB005: £200 (Move to MY18 maybe)
- BMR Vertical Links: £200 (Move to MY18 maybe)
- Steeda RLCA: £100
- Shelby GT350 Strut brace: £200
- GT 350 IM: £750
- GT 350 TB: £200
- GT 350 CAI: £200
- SCT X4: £200
- Steeda Water UD: £100 (Move to MY18)
- Steeda G-Trac brace: £100 (Move to MY18)
- Corsa Extreme: £1000
- FRPP Oil separators: £100 each (£200) (Move to MY18)
- Pony Decklid: £100 (Move to MY18)
- Front LED Fogs: £100
- Front RGB Fogs: £150
- Front sequential indicators: £150 (Move to MY18 maybe)
- Rear sequential harness: £100 (Move to MY18)
- Hood struts: £100 (Move to MY18 maybe)
- Steeda rear gearbox bracket: £50
- Velossa scoop
- Eibach 15mm spacers: £100
- Wheels/tyres: £1500 (Move to MY18)
- Two-piece brake disc: £1000 (Move to MY18)
- PP Dark silver customer wheels with MPSS: £1000
- Eibach lowering springs: £150
- Stock springs: £0
- Stock dampers: £0
- Stock exhaust: £0
- Stock intake: £0

Before anyway ask, none of the above is for sale! Just for my own personal rough sums of what I'd sell said items for roughly if I did decide to put the car back to a somewhat more standard setup more for looks than all out performance. Hence why I kept all stock parts and have the Ford Eibach Lower springs and Eibach spacers meaning I can simply re-fit stock shocks, Eibach springs, Eibach spacers, Stock custom coloured PP wheels and leave the RTR kit, steeda splitter, GT 350 wing, stripes and other visual stuff on the car so in short next buyer gets one very tastefully modified good looking car. Of course I might just decide how it is now if the money was right.

Ford offered me 31-32k back to stock for the car which surprised me, as it cost me £35,385 18 months ago new, can't really beat that for such little depreciation, though I'd sell it privately anyway.

As such I need to stop modding ideally, I shall probably find this hard to do, I simply enjoy messing too much as this thread is proof off, I think its also a reason why in a way I do not want to let it go, I've put my mark on this car, I am extremely happy with it.

Still the MY18 has a lot of features I really like and want, which I cannot retrofit into the current car, meaning chopping in really is the option. Keep it some say, well to me having two so similar cars to me just seems stupid, I've contemplated letting the M3 go because its a similar drive (RWD, front engine etc) but that car is going nowhere as its an absolute animal.

The next Mustang is going to be all shouty, Tango and Cash style, orange/yellow (depending on light), GT 350 styling or what takes my fancy, V8, 10-speed, mag ride (will put my KW's on if we don't get this but its being spotted on UK options), Recaros and pretty much every other option. This time round I will get rinsed on depreciation as I suspect it to be a circa 45k car and within 12 months to be worth 35k.

I am just hoping the next generation S650 Mustang is a total flop, looks nothing like a Mustang, gets turbochargers, becomes AWD and loses the muscle it had remaining, otherwise if S650 is another hit, I will simply have to trade again. Thats not expected until 2021 on our roads though so got a bit of time and by then GM and Dodge could also have RHD offerings of the new Camaro, Challenger and maybe even Corvette, that could be the time I go from Pony car.

So this Friday my current one gets a round of final mods done:
- Green 5.0 DOTS
- Window chrome trim DE-CHROMED, many here shall approve of this. ;)
- Gloss black roof
- Red light tints

I did have one more modification planned, but it was a big one in money and work, which was a the GT 350 front bumper on the car as it simply looks amazing, but at £2000 fitted its not easy or cheap to do but it would make the car look even better, particular more menacing, might even help re-sale as I suspect many would jump at a Mustang that looks like a GT 350, only the petrol heads would realise it was not, still I think this idea shall now be scrapped.

Hopefully this Sunday shall be sunny (Ford Fair Silverstone) so can hopefully get plenty of photos done of the car with its updates.

They are great cars and you can see from my list above in detail what I have done to the underpinnings, I'd say now handling wise a set of KW's would be enough for most on the stock car.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
A guy I follow on YouTube fitted the IKON GT350 bumper to his friends car. Looks like a perfect fit!

Looks a doddle too... So damn tempting :lol:
Sponsored