Sponsored

Mtec 2-piece lightweight brake disc now available & they fit fine!

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The bit that bolts on that they dont show is it called the hat?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
yup

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Looks great!
How complicated was it to change rotors/pads? I really want some slotted/drilled ones for looks.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather

Sponsored

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Front discs £499+bells £200+bolts £15
£1430 front and rear

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Front discs £499+bells £200+bolts £15
£1430 front and rear
Jesus, OK that is not so cheap at all!

Maybe the constant backwards and forwards on my rears left a bad taste in their mouths. :(

At that kind of price your pretty much not saving much over buying the Baer's which are a touch lighter in the front.

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes i was a bit shocked,
They said they wont protect then either, they only do that on 1 piece.
No guarantee they got the size right either, with all the agg you had.
Think i will blow them out, i would have took a chance for a grand, oh well

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes i was a bit shocked,
They said they wont protect then either, they only do that on 1 piece.
No guarantee they got the size right either, with all the agg you had.
Think i will blow them out, i would have took a chance for a grand, oh well
Yep shame, though in the end I got the result I wanted they are like some other companies I've come across, which is they don't seem particular interested in winning business.

They either are so busy they don't want more, or the staff in general are not bothered and the owner/MD is none the wiser.

It is a shame because if they did a group buy, front + rear, delivered, everything you need, any design for under 1k people would buy them and a lot of them. But when I emailed about a group buy with a minimum of ten buyers, so 10k revenue for them, they did not even reply.

Like I say just not interested. A shame as the product seems good and I see the Renault Sport and GTR boys using them on track days so clearly upto the job and can withstand a hammering considering a GTR with driver and fuel aint far off two tonne car and they monster their brakes due to how heavy they are.

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, emails over the last couple of days must have prompted them to put it up on their website but discs only.
I was suspicious, i didnt want just discs turning up.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi there

OK guys, as you know from other threads, these disc and pads did not hold up well at Silverstone and ever since I've being getting rumble on the road after a few fast stops, a problem never present on stock setup.

Fade, down to pad choice, so self induced.

But the warped / rumble sensation is unacceptable, yesterday I remove the rear disc and re-fitted stock disc.

Low and behold my warp/rumble is gone as is the clicking noise we though the grooves were causing.

Needless to say there is still clearly some kind of issue with the rears. The fronts are still on the car and all is well.

At this point I am refusing to ship back at my cost, I think its only fair that there is still clearly some kind of defect or incompatibility, considering I sent them a stock disc to replicate and this will now be the 4th attempt I don't think I should be covering any return cost, they should resolve or refund me at least for the rears.

But the fronts seem fine, gave the car a thorough workout tonight, nothing, smooth and the braking is all silent.

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Did you not say that they weren't for track use, or have I just made that up?

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Terrible service.
I am going to email them again, because my last email was along the lines of, one track day, I got less than ten minutes before the disc felt warped (not mentioned the pad issue as not their problem and the pads were never advertised as track usage) and as such I want a refund for the lot.

As it turns out, the problem clearly lies with the rear, there is either still some form of not perfect fitment or the disc are marginally warped which for whatever reason on the rear axle is really prone to warped disc and they have to be perfect.

Also the noise I had from the brakes, which can be seen in the Curborough video's track day me and Enoch did is now gone the rears are removed, so in my view its obviously not the grooves otherwise the fronts would make the noise too.

As such something must be catching somewhere (can't find any witness marks) or somethig is passing in such close proximity that it creates like an air pulsing sound.

So shall email them again, stating the issue is the rear disc, and I will only give them one more chance to get them right or simply give up and refund me for the rears.
Sponsored