Sponsored

Front bumper cover broken

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
2015 GT - I just took a 1500 mile road trip...AND hit 51,000 miles - not sure how or where it happened, may have been New Orleans valet, or it may have been anywhere else...I didn't hit anything...anyway, driver's side front bumper cover, where the bumper cover meets the fender, where it clips into the bracket...the bumper cover is broken - the clip is broken off of the bumper cover. Is there any way I can fix this that will look decent (as in not visible from the outside of the vehicle) I don't really want to replace the bumper cover, but I will if it comes to that.

thanks

Earl
Sponsored

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
Where exactly did you put the RTV adhesive? The same thing that happened to the OP happened to me. I gorilla taped the little tab to the bumper but I was counting on the little clips to hold and they don't. The ugly gap bothers the hell out of me but I hate the idea of spending my CJ manifold money on a new bumper.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I'm trying this tomorrow. I fear what it will be like if I ever have to remove the bumper but that ugly gap has got to go.

OP
OP
Earlsays

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
Thanks folks... it's worth a shot, I will try it, nothing to lose

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I did it early this morning. I went out and checked it a few minutes ago and all looks well. I had my fingers crossed when removing the painters tape hoping it would not pop back out, but thankfully it stayed put.

Sponsored

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium /Performance
This issue just popped up on my car. someone pointed it out to me at a car meet:frusty:

OP
OP
Earlsays

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
I went with Motorcraft TA-29 Gray RTV - it looks terrible...bumper is broken in such a way that it just won't sit right...so I will replace it, and while I'm at it, I would like to have the entire top half of the car painted a different color - something non-factory...Turquoise or something

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
You'd be surprised at how cheap you can get bumper covers. I got into a fender bender and was able to replace it with a takeoff from ebay for under $300.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
FYI for those that get just the clips breaking, mine was approved to be a warranty repair by Ford. There was no damage anywhere on the car other than the clips that broke out of nowhere. I've only had my car for six months so it might not work for older/higher mileage cars.

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
The clips on the bumper cover suck....both sides of mine are broken.. solution is below, quik latch...
IMG_5213.jpg
Sponsored