Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryn
Vehicle(s)
Whippled 2015 GT PP
Well, my latest order from American Muscle showed up in this box:
IMG_2988.JPG

which is not really their fault, more UPS's fault, but then I see the box for the raxiom 4th brake light kit that I ordered came in this box:
IMG_2985.JPG

which has obviously been opened. I was starting to get upset, but then I opened the box and saw the contents:
IMG_2986.JPG

isn't there supposed to be some packaging inside? It looks like someone bought it, threw it around, threw it back in the box, and sent it back. Then AM just taped the box shut and sent it to me. Still, I've been wanting this for a while, so I went on and opened the bulb and found the base broken off:
IMG_2987.JPG

I can't say how disappointed I am right now. I hope that AM makes this right in an amazing way.

In other news, I found my nickel!
IMG_2984.JPG

Just kidding, still trying to chase down a pesky rattle.

Looks like they shipped that Raxiom kit via HDS...

ace_ventura_detective_HDS.jpg

:lol::lol:

Sponsored

OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Did some work on my accelerator pedal...

First, removed pedal and attached the Steeda heel-toe pedal. Very nice piece! My only wish is that there was a way to attach it without drilling, but oh well, it's on there!
IMG_2989.JPG

I opted to remove the pedal surface completely and drill the pedal itself. The metal was being a pain to get through and now if I want to put it back, I can just remove this pedal and pop the stock one back on.
IMG_2990.jpg

Next, I decided to see if I could make my own spacer to put behind the pedal assembly. Garageline has one, but it seems like a waste to pay for something that I could possibly make myself.
IMG_2995.JPG

The pedal assembly has protrusions on the back to hard mount to the firewall through the carpet, so I drilled these holes to depth to match them
IMG_2996.JPG

Here it is, matched up. I was going to paint it black, but after test fitting it, you can't see it anyway, so I just left it bare. I like the location of the pedal now. It's closer to the brake pedal both laterally and vertically. I look forward to trying out the heel toe capabilities.
IMG_2997.JPG

After that, since I had received an updated tune from Bama, I decided to do this:
IMG_2999.JPG

it was very nerve racking, but I watched everything, and once I saw the numbers drop into E85 ranges, I started feeling much better. Car is running great. Just burning off the last bits of gas still in the tank so that I can get a clean E85 fill up for logging.
IMG_3001.JPG

All in all, not a bad little weekend!

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! Looking forward to hearing how you like the E-85!

Sponsored

OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I was reminded by a PM to update this thread with my experiences with superbrightleds. The switchbacks are not working properly. The blinkers either flutter or just don't light up between about 1000 and 1500 RPM. it's very weird. At idle, they work fine. If I turn on the headlights or parking lights, they also work fine, so that's what I've been doing. I asked superbrightleds for a return and they said that since it had been over 30 days, I would have to pay for shipping. Obviously I'm not doing that since the bulbs were so cheap and I don't have any guarantees that a new set will work properly since it's both sides. I am very disappointed in the switchbacks and their customer service. All the other bulbs are great.

Just wanted to put it out there for posterity!

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
That's one evil looking white car!

Sponsored

5LTR550

Threads
Reaction score