Sponsored

White Tire Lettering

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Anyone else having this going brown on them? Having an extremely tough time keeping them white. Seller just suggested acetone and hard scrubbing, but the discoloration seems deep. I'm scrubbing so hard I can see small white particles coming off the lettering, and it's still not getting rid of it all.

If anyone has any tips, that'd be awesome!
Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I got the cleaner from tirestickers.com. I had to scrape it will a dull scissor but they got white. Tire dressing will stain them

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
I got the cleaner from tirestickers.com. I had to scrape it will a dull scissor but they got white. Tire dressing will stain them
This. Tire shine leaves a pretty bad stain on them and if you're not careful wheel cleaner can eat them. Scrub the hell out of them- they should come clean. If they've been damaged, used a Hot Tire pen to repaint them and they'll look good again. :thumbsup:

OP
OP

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Weird thing is the only thing that touches it besides the usual brake dust is just car wash soap and water when I wash my wheels. I'll either try to scrape it off or use some kind of white marker/oil based pen.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
This. Tire shine leaves a pretty bad stain on them and if you're not careful wheel cleaner can eat them. Scrub the hell out of them- they should come clean. If they've been damaged, used a Hot Tire pen to repaint them and they'll look good again. :thumbsup:
Thanks, I may go this route depending on if I can scrape off the discoloration or not.

OP
OP

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Tried scraping it off with the dull knife. Fuck that.

Went down to the local hardware store, and bought an oil based white sharpie. $4, works good and is holding up. Best part is, if its dirty, you can just touch up that spot with the pen and get on with your life. Takes just a couple minutes per car wash.

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
What kind of tires are you running? I'd like to see...

OP
OP

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Just the stock Michelins that come with the GT350
Sponsored