Sponsored

Interior Panels

17MustangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Grabber Blue
Afternoon everyone, been doing some reading on the forums and I am trying to get a good idea of the proper interior cleaner I can use from my arsenal. The car I own is a Base GT with PP

What my reading shows is that the "leather" items in my GT are part of the shift knob, the small sections on the dash, the steering wheel and e brake handle, all items are tri coat and can be cleaned with a damp MF cloth to any ole interior cleaner due to the tri coat. Am i correct with my searches and reading?

Second if I am correct above would a cleaner like Sonax interior cleaner be acceptable? Been using it on and off on various cars throughout my journey of car owning and like it for the most part and I currently have it in stock so I rather use something then buy a new product. Thanks guys.
Sponsored

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Yes, the leather surfaces in pretty much every car are sealed/coated. Without the sealant, they would stain, fade, and crack very quickly unless meticulously cared for. That said, I would go with a slightly different cleaner for the leather surfaces. It doesn't look like Sonax recommends their dashboard/interior cleaner for leather surfaces. I'm guessing it is a little to strong for leather.

I know you said you would prefer to not have to buy another product, I would still recommend something like Optiumum Protectant Plus. I use it to clean my leather monthly, along with the dash and door panels. When I need a deeper clean or condition for the leather, I use lexol.

OP
OP

17MustangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Grabber Blue
Yes, the leather surfaces in pretty much every car are sealed/coated. Without the sealant, they would stain, fade, and crack very quickly unless meticulously cared for. That said, I would go with a slightly different cleaner for the leather surfaces. It doesn't look like Sonax recommends their dashboard/interior cleaner for leather surfaces. I'm guessing it is a little to strong for leather.

I know you said you would prefer to not have to buy another product, I would still recommend something like Optiumum Protectant Plus. I use it to clean my leather monthly, along with the dash and door panels. When I need a deeper clean or condition for the leather, I use lexol.
Understandable and yup thats what I thought as well I did go to the website and saw they said no leather surfaces but wasn't sure if that applied to untreated leather or what we have. Thank you for the recommendation on the product, while I did not want to add any additional products to what I have if it will do a better job properly it just makes sense to pick it up. Thanks again for answering my question.
Sponsored