Roush/TVS Upgrade/Info

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
So I was thinking we could get a thread going with solid info for Roush kit upgrades. What's everyone doing with theirs?

What tuners are available?
Lund
VMP

What pulley are you going with?

What BAP are you using?

What injectors are you using?

Me? I'm still on the phase 1 tune. Considering Lund, VMP, and Jordan Performance (local). Has anyone got a Roush kit with a VMP tune yet?
Sponsored

Last edited:

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Ken B with pbdyno.com

Only person that I will let tune my car. He is my 3rd tuner on this car. I tried local, then Lund. I was very unsatisfied with both but Ken is at another level.

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
We'll second Ken at PBdyno:)

You really wont find another tuner that will work directly for you and ensure your car is dialed in.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
So I was thinking we could get a thread going with solid info for Roush kit upgrades. What's everyone doing with theirs?

What tuners are available?
Lund
VMP

What pulley are you going with?

What BAP are you using?

What injectors are you using?

Me? I'm still on the phase 1 tune. Considering Lund, VMP, and Jordan Performance (local). Has anyone got a Roush kit with a VMP tune yet?
As far as tuner I have been with Ken Bjonnes for some time now and I have had many tunes over the years Ken has nailed it. I am on Roush Stage 1 about to do OPGs and TG once this is done going E85 and upping the boost. Cannot stress enough how smooth Kens tune is. Once you pick your tuner then you need to ask him what parts to get. For example Ken highly recommended E85 when going higher boost. So that is what I will do. He also likes to tune with ID injectors so I am getting a set. Best advice, find an experienced/proven tuner and follow his advice.

Sponsored

NicksRubyRed15GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 16 GT
My Lund tuned 16 automatic GT runs pretty good. I have a catback only and went high 10's on my 2nd pass . The car only ran a 11.01 this Sat on a very slick track but made 128mph and that was in +2000 DA. I think it will go 10.7@129 if I can make a clean hooking pass

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
My Lund tuned 16 automatic GT runs pretty good. I have a catback only and went high 10's on my 2nd pass . The car only ran a 11.01 this Sat on a very slick track but made 128mph and that was in +2000 DA. I think it will go 10.7@129 if I can make a clean hooking pass
From what I have seen, Ken's tunes will trap 3 to 4 mph faster. I'll post side by side logs here shortly.

desant89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium Auto
I agree with Ken. He actually does not like DW injectors, but worked with me on it . I am extremely confident I will run a 10.5 or better (ran 10.76) with a slight shift adjustment (hit rev limit just before 1-2 shift) and fine tuning when I send him track logs. I am running 3:15s also on 20"dr's with no converter.

Ken's tune is amazing to drive. To be fair, I have no other tune to compare it to other than Whipple's. Their tune is actually an amazing tune also. They even run timing up there with Ken's. However, the car drives so much better with Ken's tune that I can never go back.

I am not sure what your car has though. I am unable to find your mods. Which SC? Pulley? Wheels?

NicksRubyRed15GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 16 GT
From what I have seen, Ken's tunes will trap 3 to 4 mph faster. I'll post side by side logs here shortly.
I don't see making 132mph on a stock pulley and no mods other than mufflers. I was going to try Ken but I want never mess with any SCT handhelds ever again

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I don't see making 132mph on a stock pulley and no mods other than mufflers. I was going to try Ken but I want never mess with any SCT handhelds ever again
Yeah, I do like the ngauge for sure. I still use my ngauge for logging since I have the boost plus box.

But, it comes down to the differences in the tune. I compared my Lund tune and Ken tune on the dyno back to back. 41rwhp difference.

Sponsored

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Personally I have never used Lund so I will not comment about their tune. Many guys seem to be happy with them. As for Ken at Palm Beach Dyno and been running his tune for some time now I can comment about how spot on it is. Curious to put this Roush charged Mustang on the dyno to see what it picked up from Stage1 with Kens tune. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

alrodri8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yeah, I do like the ngauge for sure. I still use my ngauge for logging since I have the boost plus box.

But, it comes down to the differences in the tune. I compared my Lund tune and Ken tune on the dyno back to back. 41rwhp difference.
So Ken does not use the Ngauge, does he only use the SCT X4?

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Do I get to partake in this thread with my VMP TVS? Or is it just for Roush?

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
So Ken does not use the Ngauge, does he only use the SCT X4?
To my knowledge, only SCT X4 right now. I already had a ngauge setup with the boost plus box so I kept it for monitoring purposes. I take a lot of logs and like to see my psi in the logs.

Personally I have never used Lund so I will not comment about their tune. Many guys seem to be gappy with them. As for Ken at Palm Beach Dyno and been running his tune for some time now I can comment about how spot on it is. Curious to put this Roush charged Mustang on the dyno to see what it picked up from Stage1 with Kens tune.
You are going to be very happy with the extra power:thumbsup: I was at the dyno yesterday and when the guy drove my car he thought that I only had a exhaust. He asked what mods I had prior to popping the hood lol. Put down 760rwhp and 555rwtq in 4th at 7800:headbang:
Sponsored