Sponsored

American muscle

Friesian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
well Im not too impressed with them. I placed an order which they cancelled on me because they said they cannont ship BMR stuff to canada. so they charged my card and then refunded the money. which is fine except I got shorted 45 bucks from exchange rate and fees. My card should of never been processed in the first place since they cant put the order through. I talked to them twice about the matter.first guy said he didnt have the power to do anything so his supervisior would deal with it and get back to me. He didnt. so I had to contact them again and basically this time they were not willing to help me. So fair enough Im out 45 bucks and Iwill take my buissness elsewhere.
Sponsored

WildHorses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
if they only refunded back what they charged you for the product, shipping, insurance, etc.. then they shouldn't have to refund additional money.

For example, if you purchased a $100 USD product, and that is 130.69 in CAD and they only charged you that, then they only owe you $100USD/130.69CAD.

If your bank charged you more for exchange rates and fees, then that is probably something u need to take up with your bank

OP
OP

Friesian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The order should of never been put through in he first place. I didnt call to cancel days later.. they told me they cat complete the order but they still charged me then gave a refund

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
IIRC most of these companies who do online orders do not control when the charge is made. The system doesn't know they can't ship certain parts to other countries. It's not necessarily the fault of AM, just an unfortunate fact. If you live in another country you should always call the vendor before placing orders, that's just common sense.

As for the refund, the exchange rate from CAN to USD hasn't moved enough that you should've taken that big of a hit. Try calling Alex directly and find out what the deal is.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Friesian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I dont feel like i should have yo call te vendor to place an onlibe order. Dealt with them many of times and they never had an issue shipping to canada. I have called them, emailed them and i give up. They have done nothing to help me. So i will take my bussiness elsewhere

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I dont feel like i should have yo call te vendor to place an onlibe order. Dealt with them many of times and they never had an issue shipping to canada. I have called them, emailed them and i give up. They have done nothing to help me. So i will take my bussiness elsewhere
What are they expected to do since I assume it was not them who charged you the fees?

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Then don't expect to get the same quality service every time. If I ordered something from Canada without checking the shipping specifics I wouldn't hold the company responsible....but then again, common sense.

OP
OP

Friesian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What are they expected to do since I assume it was not them who charged you the fees?
They were not expected to charge my card after they canceled my order.

Why do you keep saying its common sense. Ive placed 100s of orders for stuff and never had to check "specifics"

Doesnt make common sense that cant ship BMR stuff to me but the next company can

Sponsored
OP
OP

Friesian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Payment is made when the order is made, why would you expect differently?
They called me first to tell me they couldn't put the order through. Theen they still went ahead and charged me

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Like I said, the charge is made through the online application...there isn't a guy who just sits there waiting for an order to come through just so he can run the credit card.

Are you catching on yet?

OP
OP

Friesian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I talked to him on the phone. Cant they cancel it rather than giving a refund

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Once the order is processed online the charge is made and is logged against your credit card. So once you hit "submit payment" it's pretty much done for.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I mean, I didn't click on every BMR product on their page but the 5 that I did, each one said US shipping ONLY. So I'm going to assume the product you tried to order probably would have told you the same thing. The website, products and charging system are most likely not integrated systems so if something is in stock, or not, or US shipping only or not, as long as the website takes you to the charging process it doesn't care because it doesn't know better. It's not like someone is processing all the orders and approving or denying them before they allow it to be charged. They are a big business, it wouldn't be possible in a common sense way to do it. It's an automated system. It's just as much as the person on the front end (YOU) to due your due diligence (READ) as it is theirs on the back end (AM).
Sponsored