Sponsored

Drivers seat motor not working properly

CloudyState

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE #1707 WW
Anyone else run into this? The driver seat is supposed to move forward to the memory location when the car is started and then move back when turned off. I got in and started it yesterday and the seat didn't move forward. I tried to move it forward with the seat control and it move about 1/2 an inch and stopped. I was finally able to position the seat so I could drive but I had to move it 1/2 an inch at a time.

Called the dealer and dropped her off for warranty work this morning; 11 days after driving her home. It's should be relatively minor but still frustrating.:doh:
Sponsored

y2ksilverbullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT 5M, 2001 DHG Bullitt, 2015 GT 50 YR LE A6

RMoore13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary LE #1711
I've had a similar ongoing issue with my seat, though it sounds like yours is different since you found the reason behind it. In mine, the seat slides back every time when the door is opened, but it only returns to it's previous position about half the time. It's not that big a deal because I can just hit my memory position button and it returns to its original spot, but it's a bit of a head scratcher. I haven't been able to figure out a reason why it works sometimes and not others.

I've had the dealer look at it each time the car has been in for service, but I've basically just been given a big shrug of the shoulders by them. Curious to know if anyone else has had this issue and if there's a fix for it.
Sponsored