Sponsored

Corsa Touring Axle Backs with Mishimoto H Pipe

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang | V8 | Grabber Blue
Hi guys

Thought i would drop this here as i when i was trying to make the decision i couldn't find many videos / sound clips with this setup

It's basically the Corsa Sport Cat Back with an H Pipe instead of their double helix x pipe

[ame]

Initial thoughts are that is that it is significantly louder than the Touring Mufflers with the factory resonator (video on that below)
[ame]

It sounds pretty awesome - i'll need to give it a couple weeks to see if it can live with it or not as it is a bit louder than what i was looking for - but maybe if i just keep the revs down (or the windows up) lol

i'm wondering if the H pipe will quieten down a bit after a little time too perhaps?

EDIT::::::
Just to update this - i've since added in 2 bullet resonators from Vibrant Performance to tone it back down again and i'm very happy with the results - heres is a quick comparison vid
[ame]
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I personally thing the x adds to the coyote sound im not a fan of h pipes on these cars. Theres a reason ford put a x on the gt350.
mmm
i'd say if i told you that was an x pipe you wouldn't have been any the wiser :shrug:

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
I would have bc i have corsa with the x;) didn't say it sounded bad. I just think the x has a better balanced tone.

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
the coyote engine just has bad harmonics as it is. Personally i liked the exhaust with the resonator.

I also hate the way corsa sounds. Some folks like the raw aggressive sound, but to me it just sounds horrible. I prefer a smoother sound from a v8.

When someone that doesn't know cars hears mine, I don't want them be expecting some lifted redneck truck.

oh, and it will not quiet down. Not sure where people get that from. Old glass pack mufflers sometimes did but then eventually got louder. Modern systems do not 'break in'. Not unless you are extremely rich and filling up the exhaust with a ton of carbon buildup. You're simply getting used to the sound.

Sponsored

OP
OP

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the coyote engine just has bad harmonics as it is. Personally i liked the exhaust with the resonator.

I also hate the way corsa sounds. Some folks like the raw aggressive sound, but to me it just sounds horrible. I prefer a smoother sound from a v8.

When someone that doesn't know cars hears mine, I don't want them be expecting some lifted redneck truck.

oh, and it will not quiet down. Not sure where people get that from. Old glass pack mufflers sometimes did but then eventually got louder. Modern systems do not 'break in'. Not unless you are extremely rich and filling up the exhaust with a ton of carbon buildup. You're simply getting used to the sound.
my intention was to open up the sound from the touring mufflers just a bit - with the goal of the H pipe to be less raspy than the x.

I think the stock exhaust sounds completely pants tbh

i had borla s type axle backs which sounded great but unbearable in the cabin - the corsa tourings sounded quiet in the cabin but almost couldn't hear them at all when driving (nice tone outside behind the car however)

and with the H pipe... a bit louder than i'd hoped for, so i'm not sure where i'm at now!

OP
OP

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would have bc i have corsa with the x;) didn't say it sounded bad. I just think the x has a better balanced tone.
ya,

personally can't really tell the difference between the two sounds. not heard the x pipe in person however

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
my intention was to open up the sound from the touring mufflers just a bit - with the goal of the H pipe to be less raspy than the x.

I think the stock exhaust sounds completely pants tbh

i had borla s type axle backs which sounded great but unbearable in the cabin - the corsa tourings sounded quiet in the cabin but almost couldn't hear them at all when driving (nice tone outside behind the car however)

and with the H pipe... a bit louder than i'd hoped for, so i'm not sure where i'm at now!
You could add some bullet resonators to the H-pipe behind the crossover. It would tone it down a bit but not all the way back to where the stock resonator was.

FLA-GTPony

5.0 User
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You could add some bullet resonators to the H-pipe behind the crossover. It would tone it down a bit but not all the way back to where the stock resonator was.
That is how AWE exhaust system does it. No drone or rasp

OP
OP

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
interesting... there a particular product that fits the bill here?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I think I might give this a go - how in the hell to you fit these to the system tho ?
Assuming I get the 2.5 inch, clamp them to the h pipe and then additional cut and clamp to the factory pipes ?
Might even require cutting the h pipe instead actually So that the pipes are still straight ?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I think I might give this a go - how in the hell to you fit these to the system tho ?
Assuming I get the 2.5 inch, clamp them to the h pipe and then additional cut and clamp to the factory pipes ?
Might even require cutting the h pipe instead actually So that the pipes are still straight ?
To do it well, they need to be welded. Any decent shop would make very quick work of it. They should fit between the crossover point and the end of the H pipe, and won't need extra cuts in the factory pipes.

OP
OP

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To do it well, they need to be welded. Any decent shop would make very quick work of it. They should fit between the crossover point and the end of the H pipe, and won't need extra cuts in the factory pipes.
Ah got ya.

So I’m just Cutting the h pipe right after the H - welding the resonator in place - and welding the remaining pipe required to fit back up.

AlThough - theoretically I could do the same cuts to the h pipe and use sleeve clamps ? Will prob just get a shop to weld if it’s a quick job

Ordered !
:)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Ah got ya.

So I’m just Cutting the h pipe right after the H - welding the resonator in place - and welding the remaining pipe required to fit back up.

AlThough - theoretically I could do the same cuts to the h pipe and use sleeve clamps ? Will prob just get a shop to weld if it’s a quick job

Ordered !
:)
You probably can, but you might have to force it, and then you risk sealing issues. I would just stick to getting them welded. It won't take but an hour.
Sponsored