Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
16 only....very interesting.
It was an engineering mistake. They forgot that the high parts of the hood block their view. Driver can only see the driver side. passengers can only see the passenger side unless its a convertible with the top down and their head is above the windshield. So they quickly dropped them.

Eliminating mine is on my list of mods to do.
Sponsored

S550ilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
i know.... im dying over here too.... if he thinks someone next to him can see whats in his hood vents. :frusty::frusty:
Well lets put it this way chief, i'd rather have turn signals in my vents (for whatever reason) over some stupid "puddle pony" BS lights, lighted door sills, etc.

dotJake

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sdyoung.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum GT Premium
Well lets put it this way chief, i'd rather have turn signals in my vents (for whatever reason) over some stupid "puddle pony" BS lights, lighted door sills, etc.
The puddle lights are kind of ricey, a bit like something you'd see at Pep Boys. But zero.who cares percent of cars have hood vent turn indicators so I'm thinking no, not useful.

Maybe in 40+ years when Barret Jackson has a 2016 on the block the know-it-all details guy can say the "only sixth-gen year with hood vent turn indicators". But sadly, those words won't follow "the highly sought after" opener.

Keep those blinkers blinking :thumbsup:

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
It was an engineering mistake. They forgot that the high parts of the hood block their view. Driver can only see the driver side. passengers can only see the passenger side unless its a convertible with the top down and their head is above the windshield. So they quickly dropped them.

Eliminating mine is on my list of mods to do.
Are we still on this? The requirement being able to see all the turn signals is ridiculous.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
i know.... im dying over here too.... if he thinks someone next to him can see whats in his hood vents. :frusty::frusty:
Still can't see my tail lights. But everyone else can. It's was a gimmick, sure. I have them. I see drivers side, wife sees passenger light. All good. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I like my "stupid" puddle pony's. I like my lighted door sills too. And all my etc's. It's not for everyone. But stupid it a subjective thing. :shrug:

I could say I think cloth seats are silly. But that would be just silly, wouldn't it?:cheers:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Are we still on this? The requirement being able to see all the turn signals is ridiculous.
They weren't put on the car to be turn signals. They were meant to be turn signal indicators like on the first gens. The purpose was to let the driver know the turn signals are on in addition to the indicators inside the car. Initial press releases for the 2016 made that clear, but when they realized too late that the driver couldn't see them, they deleted the word indicator from the brochures. They avoid any mention whatsoever in the owner's manual.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
I don't mind them at all on my '16. On a side note, as of a few minutes ago if anyone is interested in these silly things, there is a gloss black pair available on newtakeoff.com. Get them asap. They usually don't last long.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
The puddle lights are kind of ricey, a bit like something you'd see at Pep Boys. But zero.who cares percent of cars have hood vent turn indicators so I'm thinking no, not useful.

Maybe in 40+ years when Barret Jackson has a 2016 on the block the know-it-all details guy can say the "only sixth-gen year with hood vent turn indicators". But sadly, those words won't follow "the highly sought after" opener.

Keep those blinkers blinking :thumbsup:

The puddle lights are just for night-time, or at carshows, get a white A4 sheet of paper and put it under the light

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Still can't see my tail lights. But everyone else can. It's was a gimmick, sure. I have them. I see drivers side, wife sees passenger light. All good. :thumbsup:
spot on, and the dashcam picks up both :D
i love all the toys thats why i went back to the Lefty and not the Euro Spec Stang

Sponsored

S550ilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I like my "stupid" puddle pony's. I like my lighted door sills too. And all my etc's. It's not for everyone. But stupid it a subjective thing. :shrug:

I could say I think cloth seats are silly. But that would be just silly, wouldn't it?:cheers:
LOL sure thing buddy! :)

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
The only use I have for mine is extra peace of mind when locking the doors using the handle. I usually can't hear them lock so I just watch the hoods just to make sure. I could live with or without them, not a big deal either way.

Good call [MENTION=12771]angermgmt14[/MENTION], I've been waiting on a black pair to pop up. Just ordered.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Pretty sure it was a commemorative attempt at the 67 style Mustang that allowed the driver to see the indicator without looking at the dash. Still silly regardless but cool, if you could actually see them. Just goes to show how much bigger the Mustang got under the hood.

If anyone is looking for a set of Oxford White, i'll sell them to you, 1200 miles on them. LOL.

OP
OP
MrAjsTech

MrAjsTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, 2003 Cobra
So here is my take. I have them in my 2016 GT. It is a cool little thing that the car has. It doesn't really serve much purpose besides a simple indicator to the driver that the directional is on.

But really its more of a cool nifty feature. It is just a cool feature that a passenger might comment about. That is all. Not much purpose but just cool.
Sponsored