Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Carbon Fiber Doors Available

For you guys seeking ultimate weight savings. Stock door is about 44 pounds. How about less than 8 pounds for a carbon door? PM if interested. It's a race door, cut out for a roll cage but WOW, 70 pounds is a lot of weight.
10858484_1786906118483_2563579371408391566_n.jpg
10850004_1786906278487_3193491792561460802_n.jpg

2015CoyoteV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red s550 GT {50th}
Hoods in the works too? :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

BrianFaessler

Threads
Reaction score
Website
brianfaessler.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang
Hoods in the works too? :D

Hood's will be in the works yes. I'm just not sure when we'll have it done. We're going to make a hood for our 15 race car, but we're not sure on the design of it. As far as an educated guess on a hood ETA, I'd guess February-March. If it's anything like the doors, it's going to be light! The mold for the decklid should be in the process of getting made as we speak

2015CoyoteV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red s550 GT {50th}
Hood's will be in the works yes. I'm just not sure when we'll have it done. We're going to make a hood for our 15 race car, but we're not sure on the design of it. As far as an educated guess on a hood ETA, I'd guess February-March. If it's anything like the doors, it's going to be light! The mold for the decklid should be in the process of getting made as we speak

I'll definitely keep my eye out for future developments. I figured the wait would be til almost mid next year before Id find an aftermarket hood I liked.

I'm not so much looking strictly for light weight. I would love to see a beastly cowl hood for the '15

And I'll be watching for that deck lid you have in the process of being made!!

Sponsored

OP
OP

BrianFaessler

Threads
Reaction score
Website
brianfaessler.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang
I'll definitely keep my eye out for future developments. I figured the wait would be til almost mid next year before Id find an aftermarket hood I liked.

I'm not so much looking strictly for light weight. I would love to see a beastly cowl hood for the '15

And I'll be watching for that deck lid you have in the process of being made!!

As far as our hood, I'm guessing it's not going to have a cowl. it's either going to have the stock look or luevers or something along those lines. But I will definitely keep you posted on the decklid though

Reactions: JR

TeddysStang

1st time Stang owner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
CarolinaCarConnections.info
First Name
Teddy
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Premium GT - 20" wheels
Hey guys,

Just wanted to pass along the word.

I'm in the process of getting carbon fiber body panels done for the 2015 Mustang. All will be dry lay up autoclave race weight panels. Bare factory door shells weigh 44lbs. Ours weigh 7.2#. I'm also going to have the hood, full roof (full a-pillar, half b-pillar and half sail panel) and deck lid done as well.
Once I get closer to having a finished product, I'll be selling these products online. I'll announce when we get a little closer. Here are some pictures of the drivers door to give you an idea of the quality of the product. Shoot me a message if you have any questions.
I wouldn't mind have the Side skirts, rear diffuser and front lip spoiler in Carbon Fiber. Doing those as well?

OP
OP

BrianFaessler

Threads
Reaction score
Website
brianfaessler.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang
First set of carbon race doors are up for grabs. Come get them while the price is low. Doors will be sold normally for $2400/ door. With the first set of doors, I'm selling them for $2200/.

Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond
Do they accept all the factory window guts? Nutserts? Or do you recommend speed glass or similar with a hand made support?

The picture posted is a finished inner shot? Or

Just asking to clarify as the cf doors I have for my 69 accept all the factory window regulators etc.

Nice clean work!

Sponsored
OP
OP

BrianFaessler

Threads
Reaction score
Website
brianfaessler.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang
These doors are intended to be sold for race cars. So what was shown for the inner shot is what the finished product is. There won't be any panels, unless you make your own. there is enough room to put weather stripping but that's about it. It'll accept the stock latch, and door hinges

OP
OP

BrianFaessler

Threads
Reaction score
Website
brianfaessler.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang
Just an FYI, we should have a decklid within the next couple of weeks. It's going to be a very nice piece that is lightweight. PM me if you're interested in a decklid

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
We MIGHT do side skirts, but I doubt we're going to do the diffuser and a front lip spoiler.
A real shame you won't be doing the front lip spoiler (splitter) and the rear diffuser because those bits would be nice cosmetic parts for those of us not going the full race prep look.

I would love a stock look carbon hood but I doubt I could get it shipped over to the UK in one piece :(

Nice work on the door though :first:
Sponsored