Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered ours on day 1. My dealer Galpin Ford in Reseda, Ca. Large dealership. I checked incoming a few days ago, they have about 10 new Stangs coming. Doesn't look like mine is included. All were GT Premium. I ordered a Base . I don't mind the suspense, ill wait to November then give them a call. They did cash my $500 deposit check though.
My dealer didn't cash my $1000 check. Maybe some dealers do and some don't? I'm just so confused by it. I thought they would cash it day one.
Sponsored

Cyrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
I showed the window sticker to my cousin (Management at Ford). She quickly responded that it is scheduled to be built on 10/18/17. This week!!! The date is on the sticker, right in plain sight. Have not heard from the dealer, yet. I pulled out my 2016 Lincoln sticker and noticed that it said 'Special Order' and this may explain why it never showed in inventory at the dealer. The Mustang must have been 'Dealer Ordered'. Maybe I'll see it by Thanksgiving.
http://www.windowsticker.forddirect...WEYV6ChpkOvmnJ3I4U3DH+zMKzwBWsm3QjV7cWIoB7TA=

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Well I started the process, e-mailed 5 local dealers to see if any would be able to come in under x-plan pricing on the exact order specs I want. Not hopeful on that front, but why not take a shot.

Going to get:

• 2018 GT Premium (P8C)
o Kona Blue (L6) with Ebony /w Metal Gray stitched interior
o 6-Speed Manual (44x)
o Premium Plus Package (401A)
o Enhanced Security Package (43S)
o Active Valve Performance Exhaust (19B)
o Spoiler Delete (13D)
o Shaker Pro Audio (583)​

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
My dealer told me that Ford is not yet taking retail orders because "a certain quality matrix has to be reached before they allow Retail orders to be built". Is this correct? Has anyone placed a retail order and received a DORA?

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
My dealer told me that Ford is not yet taking retail orders because "a certain quality matrix has to be reached before they allow Retail orders to be built". Is this correct? Has anyone placed a retail order and received a DORA?
Read the first few pages of this thread, there're dora's posted there, you can see if they're retail orders or not. Also, I'm pretty sure a DORA doesn't mean a car is being or will be built, it just says Ford knows you have an order with them. Also, my dealership says they have the DORA for my retail order, but they don't give it to customers.

Sponsored

Tom.snyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 GTPP Premium
None of my Retail Orders have been scheduled to build days/weeks EXCEPT two Shelby's that I have placed orders for.

I can't confirm or deny (simply I just don't know the answer one way or another) either way what's holding back retail orders.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
None of my Retail Orders have been scheduled to build days/weeks EXCEPT two Shelby's that I have placed orders for.

I can't confirm or deny (simply I just don't know the answer one way or another) either way what's holding back retail orders.
Are any of your stock orders in transit yet? I'm waiting to see Orange Fury before ordering and all the cars I check in Ohio are still Awaiting Shipment.

Tom.snyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 GTPP Premium
Are any of your stock orders in transit yet? I'm waiting to see Orange Fury before ordering and all the cars I check in Ohio are still Awaiting Shipment.
The only thing I have in transit is the Shelby.

[/ATTACH]
Shelby in transit.JPG

Attachments

clrainford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, PP, 401A, 6MT, Magneride
Ordered 9/15. Hasn't registered in COTUS yet. The dealer is telling me in two weeks it should be scheduled. They have one identical to mine on order that shows up on Ford.com, but it's missing the Showstopper Red interior. In fact, I've not found a single one showing up in dealer inventory that has Showstopper Red. Wondering if that could be holding up the show as well...

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered 9/15. Hasn't registered in COTUS yet. The dealer is telling me in two weeks it should be scheduled. They have one identical to mine on order that shows up on Ford.com, but it's missing the Showstopper Red interior. In fact, I've not found a single one showing up in dealer inventory that has Showstopper Red. Wondering if that could be holding up the show as well...
Is yours a retail order?

Sponsored

lostlocalhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 EBP PP MR
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered one, but found another for a better price. It's awaiting shipping with showstopper red.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered 8/9 still nothing. I'm hoping I will get a VIN and a build date by next month! :) Maybe Disney/Universal will bring me some luck and I'll get the call when I'm there :)

WAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Thanks Tom for the detailed response. Good to know. :thumbsup:

SJK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none

[MENTION=32258]clrainford[/MENTION] , What exterior color did you order with "showstopper red" interior.??:clap2::clap2:

clrainford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, PP, 401A, 6MT, Magneride