Sponsored

Solo Mach XV - Quad Tips

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Has anyone seen any cars running the Solo Mach XV with quad tips? I've been holding off on an exhaust system for awhile, and I love the Mach XV's sound, but I want to go with a GT350 or similar rear valence. My concern is that with the J-pipe, I won't have sufficient room to have a splitter and tips welded in.

I emailed Solo this evening. The owner told me to come to the shop, and that they'd get me set up ,but unfortunately, they're located in Buffalo, and I'm in Florida. It's pretty tough to justify that type of trip to get an exhaust system installed...

JR
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
They have a bolt on dual tip available (they might even do small charge to swap it out if you buy a kit from them).

I guess the question is, how does it align/exit vs. the exhaust notch on the GT350 rear fascia and do the J-pipes have proper clearance.

On the latter, I'd say probably. I mean, how much space is compromised on the interior side of a GT350 fascia? If the GT350 fascia splits the difference evenly, and the dual tips do the same, I guess that would be fine as well[?]

I'm running a Solo Thunder, love it!

OP
OP
jacknifetoaswan

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So if I go with the actual GT350 rear diffuser, the exhaust tips are integrated into the diffuser itself, and aren't actually attached to the exhaust pipes. It'll likely be much easier for a shop to adjust the exhaust for dual exits, especially since the exit pipe is just bare metal, and doesn't have a muffler or anything blocking the path. As they won't have to account for tips, like they would with the Ikon or Roush diffuser (where the tips are connected to the actual exhaust, and the mufflers are behind the fascia, rather than in the center tunnel.

JR

OP
OP
jacknifetoaswan

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Contact the op of this post... he didn't use the 350 valance though. Looks phenomenal and I'm considering going this route with my Solo exhaust too.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69331
PERFECT!!!

This is exactly what I was looking for! I spent over an hour searching, and couldn't find anything with Solo and quad, mach and quad, whatever. Looks like there's plenty of room to put a splitter in back there. I'd likely install the diffuser and the cat-back, but leave the ball join end pipe off so that an exhaust shop could weld up a splitter that centers in the GT350 valance's integrated tips.

THANK YOU!!!

JR

Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Stainless Power catless headers and Mach XV with quad tips:

[ame]

OP
OP
jacknifetoaswan

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That sounds fantastic! Mine is a daily driver, and I'm not sure I could live with the noise from that...

I noticed the Florida license plate. Are you from the Orlando area? Did you have the quad tips done from a shop, or did you weld them up yourself?

JR

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
That sounds fantastic! Mine is a daily driver, and I'm not sure I could live with the noise from that...

I noticed the Florida license plate. Are you from the Orlando area? Did you have the quad tips done from a shop, or did you weld them up yourself?

JR
You just bolt it up to the piping with clamps.
attachment.jpg

Nick71692

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Mustang
I've been looking for this too and have talked with solo performance. They have quadtips but the tips are too small...I'm assuming he got them somewhere else???

AZFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 401a GT/PP

Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
OP
OP
jacknifetoaswan

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been looking for this too and have talked with solo performance. They have quadtips but the tips are too small...I'm assuming he got them somewhere else???
Are you going to use the Roush or Ikon rear diffuser? If so, you don't need tips.

JR

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Are you going to use the Roush or Ikon rear diffuser? If so, you don't need tips.

JR
you need something to reasonably line up the exhaust exit with the valences built in tips.

there was a guy who mocked up a dual exhaust y pipe on the end of his roush mufflers to exit a gt350 valence.

OP
OP
jacknifetoaswan

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you need something to reasonably line up the exhaust exit with the valences built in tips.

there was a guy who mocked up a dual exhaust y pipe on the end of his roush mufflers to exit a gt350 valence.
Right, but a T409 y-pipe with non-polished T304 tips is going to be a damn sight cheaper than a quad tip polished solution.

JR
Sponsored