Sponsored

Road Rash

Crossroads

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP FRPP2
Track Tape, Temp Wrap, clear vinyl or bra.

Tired of the tape and wrap. I don't mind taping the lights and mirrors but the front end s a PITA.

Thinking about a bra just for the track. Looked at the Novistrch but concerned about high IATS others have posted.

Maybe Covercraft?

What are you using? Pros and Cons
Sponsored

Last edited:

qtrracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP Recaros; 86 GT 'Vert Pro-touring
3M Clear film on mine. Took a major hit from a chunk of rubber at an HPDE a month ago; left a pretty good skid mark but didn't penetrate. Cleaned right up with little effort. Expensive but if I'd needed to fix a paint ding in the hood, might have matched the cost. Beside, these films also protect from bug goo and flying road debris. Had mine for over a year.

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Xpel Clearbra hands down. Almost invisible, ZERO worry. I do it to all the cars I care about.

MrMagnetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Base GT
Whatever you apply, consider also protecting the area between the back tire and the door. The front tires direct a lot of debris into that area.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.roadwarriorplus.com/

I used this product when I bought my RS to avoid rock chips on the way home. It did work, it is temporary and it was super easy to get off except for on the Ford badge (I have no idea why but that took some elbow grease).

There is one caveat though, another RS forum member used it on his car and when he went to get a clear bra, it wouldn't stick. The detailers couldn't figure out why.

I didn't seem do a clear bra but I did coat my car and got good life out of it. So I don't know if his had a problem because of it or what.

Road Warrior Plus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RoadWarriorPlus.com
Vehicle(s)
Corvette ZR1
https://www.roadwarriorplus.com/

I used this product when I bought my RS to avoid rock chips on the way home. It did work, it is temporary and it was super easy to get off except for on the Ford badge (I have no idea why but that took some elbow grease).

There is one caveat though, another RS forum member used it on his car and when he went to get a clear bra, it wouldn't stick. The detailers couldn't figure out why.

I didn't seem do a clear bra but I did coat my car and got good life out of it. So I don't know if his had a problem because of it or what.
Thank you for the comments. The Ford badge has a slightly less dense clear than the paint on your car and with Road Warrior Plus it is best to use it on painted panels.

The detailers for that RS member called us and we attempted to figure out what was on the paint. Nothing in the chemical makeup in Road Warrior Plus will stay on the paint once removed. We have a feeling a dealer installed one of the dealer add on coatings which led to the issue.

Again, we appreciate your comments and trusting us to protect your ride. :cheers:
Sponsored