ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
* * Update * *

I reached out to the nice folks @ SP, and they were very prompt & helpful in providing clarification on these issues. Below is an abbreviated copy&paste of their response to my questions:

You are right that you will not have an issue with siphoning since you are mounting the nozzle before the throttle body, and back feeding should not be an issue. The gravity feeding we mostly worry about can occur if you are parked nose down on a hill; while on level ground the tank may be lower than the nozzles, on a hill this may not be the case. If you are comfortable making sure how you are parked at all times you don't need the solenoid.

The system will work just fine without a solenoid - it comes with a check valve to prevent any boost pressure from back feeding the system and preventing back flow of any fluid.

We have never used a relay between our controllers and pumps - the controller sends a PW signal to control how hard the pump is pushing fluid , a relay would defeat this purpose.

So there you have it - straight from the experts!
Sponsored

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
Not sure what the relay is. A solenoid senses the signal from the start point (10psi for ex.) All the way to the max pump pressure. It's open the whole time. Closes when your below your min. Boost pressure. Also if your CV fails, you'll never know unless you monitor your charge air to see if your temps are colder than ambient at idle or driving. All just personal preference though

OP
OP

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
<snip>...Also if your CV fails, you'll never know unless you monitor your charge air to see if your temps are colder than ambient at idle or driving...
What does the initialism "CV" mean, please?

* * EDIT * *
Is it Check Valve? (I've been making up sentences to try to solve this.)

OP
OP

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
Bump!

Still looking.

I realize that the perforated steel plumbers strip would work, but I don't like the idea of it for this particular application.

If I was a fabricator, I'd fabricate a panel of sorts onto which I could mount the pump & the tank. I'd shape it to fit nicely into the LH trunk cove (with the pieces on the body side so they didn't show in the trunk) and cover the trunk side with that super-short pile fuzzy stuff that the rest of the trunk is lined with...

And I'd create a way to affix it there *but with the option of quickly & easily opening/accessing the filler neck on the tank. Theoretically it could be piano-hinged along the bottom, with some sort of catch at the top to keep it secure. Then - when it was thirsty- I could just lean it out at the top...fill up the tank...and snap it back into place.

Okay! I've done all the hard work! Now would someone please build it for me?!

:cheers:

OP
OP

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
Good news and...well...more good news:

I know a fabulous and super-meticulous fabricator. I took my WMI kit and my car to his shop, and he made up an amazing steel all-in-one mounting bracket that attaches behind the horn with no drilling or other customization work at all. It holds the tank and the pump...and everything's out of sight and out of the way (but yes - I can replenish the fluid; all I need is a long-neck funnel)

I could NOT be happier.

If anyone is contemplating the installation of a WMI kit, shoot me a PM and I'll get you hooked up with the necessary bracket. (But keep in mind that he's here in ON Cda)
Sponsored