Sponsored

F-150 Manifold Testing/Journey

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
Boggus what do you have done to yours and can you feel a real difference?

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
Just minor mods.... E85, Airraid intake, no mid pipe, GT500 mufflers and other things not performance related.

And yes, low end uumph is better. More responsive.

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
Once I’m done porting mine I’ll be installing it . Can’t wait . What does it seem to pull til? Can you feel it drop off?

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I plan to install mine tomorrow. Can't wait to get it put on and see how the car feels

Sponsored

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What goes on the small hole(s) on the back to the lower right of the MAP sensor hole that gets plugged? Did those need to be plugged also? In the MAP sensor hole I just used some epoxy and a tapered rubber plug to do the job. Seems to fit tight and won't pull out.

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Also, those who have already installed this, are you shifting any sooner or still spinning it up to the same RPM? Curious if you can feel power dropping off a little sooner or not. I may have my tuner shorten up my shifts on my auto just a bit and try both tunes at the track to compare times. Thinking maybe shortening the shifts by 300-500 RPM. Curious how this plays out.

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
*Without a tune.

Only reason you'd shift sooner would be in daily traffic and because you can with the extra torque down low.

Other then that it does feel like it levels out just after 6k but you're shifting anyways so not like it matters. Still got that nice punch at 3750-4k and pulls.

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Got mine installed this evening. Not a tough job at all, just the connectors on the back as stated before. Car runs really well, noticeable bump in torque. Want to hit the track and see what time slip says.
Drove around some more tonight and can really feel torque more. When it shifts into second (auto) at WOT, it really lights up tires more than before. Best $64 I've ever spent!

Last edited:

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Thanks for the feedback! Can't wait to be the first one to try it on a Procharged car, one of these days lol

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Got mine installed this evening. Not a tough job at all, just the connectors on the back as stated before. Car runs really well, noticeable bump in torque. Want to hit the track and see what time slip says.
Drove around some more tonight and can really feel torque more. When it shifts into second (auto) at WOT, it really lights up tires more than before. Best $64 I've ever spent!
This is all without a tune or a change in tune correct?

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
That's correct, no change in tune at all. I am going to ask my tuner to send me a tune with shift points 200-300 RPM lower just to see if it produces a quicker time slip. If I don't like it I can just load my other tune back on. I shift at about 7000 now and I can feel it fall off before if shifts. Just want to shift a little sooner.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Prob gonna put mine on after January.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Prob gonna put mine on after January.
Same here unfortunately. I've shifted my focus on getting my sound system in before the cold weather comes so I will probably save this mod for the spring. :eek: With the lowering temps I cant get any traction anyway so I dont really need any more power anywhere :lol:
Sponsored