OP
OP
Brostang

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
I wish they could've come up with a better name lol. or logo.. maybe I just have to get used to it but it just sounds :tsk:.

But for a deeper tone.. Id imagine its more restrictive which is ok since cat backs don't gain all that much anyways. Just make a deeper tone with your mouth and youll notice you restrict air flow with your lips etc. Easy way to know.
I think the name and logo are very appropriate considering the company background. Krona is the Swedish currency, and before the Mustang they worked with Saabs primarily.

I don't want to get away from the purpose of the thread too much, but anatomy of the vocal cords and how that relates to wave theory / fluid flow is way more complicated than opening or closing the lips. I hope I'm not coming off the wrong way, but that example isn't applicable to exhaust sound.

The cross sectional area of this crossover is probably close to 32 sq-in, whereas an x pipe forms an ellipse closer to 8-10 sq-in, and an h pipe has about 6.5 sq-in (all rough calculations based on geometry). I know bigger isn't always better, but I don't see this crossover being a restriction at all.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The cross sectional area of this crossover is probably close to 32 sq-in, whereas an x pipe forms an ellipse closer to 8-10 sq-in, and an h pipe has about 6.5 sq-in (all rough calculations based on geometry). I know bigger isn't always better, but I don't see this crossover being a restriction at all.
I'd like to see the internal x-sec of this thing.

OP
OP
Brostang

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
I'd like to see the internal x-sec of this thing.
Like I said before, it's similar to a pro-chamber. However, there's a few inches of packed resonator on both ends of the crossover section, which is a wide open chamber. See my master MS Paint skills below for a better idea.

e0kz7.png

Sponsored

Zerobar78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT, PP
Here's some vids done with my iPhone so take at face value, just got mine installed last week:

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

I agree with the OP on every account, excellent quality materials, super easy install, and that deep tone with no drone or rasp whatsoever. Absolutely love it!

OP
OP
Brostang

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
Man I've been wanting to make a tunnel blast video! Anyone that's familiar with the hampton roads area knows there's no shortage of tunnels around here. Your car sounds great!

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
here is a link to another guy that did a video. he is a little floaty on his review and I dont think the sound quality is great but its food for thought.

[ame]

Oddly enough he says it sounds like a European V8, similar to Audis. Though take that with a side of salt because to me and the accounts from here it sounds deeper than that.

triggered

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
No
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Race Red
@triggered : doit doit doit doit peerpressure doit doit. I also saw one one of your youtube vids you had a link to the inside cabin sound in the comments. But when its clicked on it says the video was removed. Do you still have that?
I'm surprised you even found that. I got rid of it because it didn't seem like it was getting any sort of viewership. I can see if it's still there.
[MENTION=7311]Grimace427[/MENTION], I definitely will take you up on that. Could use a better mic than my phone.

triggered

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
No
Vehicle(s)
For what it's worth, guys, I dyno'd my car before and after the catback. Official numbers are:

Stock exhaust/stock tune:
375hp, 345tq

Krona exhaust/stock tune:
385hp, 345tq

Krona exhaust/Lund tune:
387hp, 357tq

That was with no intake either.

Sometime around the end of the month, I'll be back on the dyno to see how much power I make with my PMAS, 1 7/8ths headers, and E85. ✌✌

Sponsored

Chaps2k2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
here is a link to another guy that did a video. he is a little floaty on his review and I dont think the sound quality is great but its food for thought.

Oddly enough he says it sounds like a European V8, similar to Audis. Though take that with a side of salt because to me and the accounts from here it sounds deeper than that.
That's funny, that Video also just popped up in my Suggestions. I'm also in the market for a catback system and am strongly considering the Krona. Alternatively the AWE Touring Edition Cat-Back Exhaust looks interesting too.

triggered

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
No
Vehicle(s)
I'm also in the market for a catback system and am strongly considering the Krona. Alternatively the AWE Touring Edition Cat-Back Exhaust looks interesting too.
Get the Krona kit. You won't regret it.
Once you add headers, it just makes it more perfect. Pitch perfect muscle tone.

Chaps2k2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Get the Krona kit. You won't regret it.
I have an eight months old daughter and I don't wanna mess up her hearing because I want better sound on my car. As far as I know AWE advertises with no drone/ similar interior noise compared to stock (though Krona seems to deliver the same). Before I bought the GT I had a 2013 Mustang V6 with Roush Axelbacks, and the noise/drone in the cabin was almost unbearable. I never took the Mustang when I had to take her with me.

triggered

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
No
Vehicle(s)
I have an eight months old daughter and I don't wanna mess up her hearing because I want better sound on my car. As far as I know AWE advertises with no drone/ similar interior noise compared to stock (though Krona seems to deliver the same). Before I bought the GT I had a 2013 Mustang V6 with Roush Axelbacks, and the noise/drone in the cabin was almost unbearable. I never took the Mustang when I had to take her with me.
In light of this new info: get the Krona kit. The catback itself is VERY tameable with throttle control. Idle is quiet and cold starts are not pronounced the way they are with other kits. In-cabin noise really only gets loud once you add headers. I still highly endorse this kit for being the best of all worlds here without being a ***** cat about it: tameable, no drone, low in-cabin noise, meaty tone, and nice scream at WOT when driving without the wee ones.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Although i waited and really liked the sound of the AWE on the outside its different on the inside.

When i rode in one there was a lot of boomyness in the cabin. More when going from stop to stop and low speed cruising. It got quieter while cruising at higher speeds. Even rolling the windows down you would hear the inside boom more than the exhaust note as it was loud enough to have to elevate your speaking and radio volume. Ok for a sometimes car but not a daily imho. Others have confirmed this and the person who showed me theirs is trying to put in dynomat to calm it. It suck because i was sure i wanted this.

In contrast the borla s catback was like stock at everything except elevated rpms, then it sang.

In the video i posted i hear some in cabin noise of the Krona but am not sure is thats road noise, exhaust noise, or neither. Even with long tubes it doesnt sound like he needs to speak loudly to be heard and he says the radio can be heard on low volume (to me this is ~14). The problem here is it may be impossible for some of us to hear it in person befor buying bc these sets are not common.
Sponsored