v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
It is funny how this sort of thread pops up when a facelift is shown. Along with the two star NCAP to worry about owners start to have doubts and begin finding fault.
The next thing you know you have sold the s550 and bought a crossover.

Then, in twenty years time, you type on a car forum "The worst decision of my life was getting rid of my V8 Mustang"

I started the thread and if I had doubts about keeping mine I wouldn't have spent ÂŁ540 having it undersealed after the facelift and ncap rating! I even specd a manual despite being an auto convert as I figured a manual will last longer.

Most of the things people have posted are either in jest or they have been things addressed by aftermarket parts. Many things mentioned need to be considered in the context of the price too. E.g less than perfect sat nav.

There are a few howlers though that wouldn't be found on a base model Kia or Ka. Things like the boot lid wiring harness should have been consigned to the Lada riva.

I figure if there was one thing I could change from the factory it would probably be the hard plastic on the top of the door that you rest your arm on when driving. A bit of soft touch there wouldn't go amiss in a daily and wouldn't cost a significant amount more since even base model fiestas have this.

Last edited:

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Less than perfect sat nav? Is that Sync 2 as with Snyc 3 you can you Google Maps via CarPlay or Andoid Auto.

Although still waiting for mine to arrive having test drove the Stang twice. Things I dislike are the rear white lights, the faux gas cap, the cup holders on the wrong side, the slightly lazy throttle response and the reduction in power due to it being RHD.

Think that's it.

For me the pros definitely outweigh the cons, especially as the BMW M2 and Mustang are the only two 'mainstream' cars (I can think of) for the price point that will sell you a quick car with a manual transmission. Although the M2 does not come in red which is a massive minus for me!

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
The things I have listed are just things that Ford made a bit of a boo boo with, it definitely doesn't change my mind about how much I enjoy the car, to the point that even though my job is up in the air atm, I am holding on to my car with both hands :thumbsup:

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Less than perfect sat nav? Is that Sync 2 as with Snyc 3 you can you Google Maps via CarPlay or Andoid Auto.

!
Yes you can with Sync 3, but if you plan to use Android Auto, why bother getting the Sat nav? With Apple carplay, its on the 17s in the US as you need a new USB Hub, which you can buy in the US. for the Android Auto a software update if needed will work.

As for the dislikes, I think for the 18 the US and Euro cars will be near the same specs. was speaking to a few US people yesterday, and they feel that the Euro 16s were done as a testing ground to see how popular the car would be, well Ford were blown away by the response. So this time will keep the toys on the car at a price of course :shrug:

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes you can with Sync 3, but if you plan to use Android Auto, why bother getting the Sat nav? With Apple carplay, its on the 17s in the US as you need a new USB Hub, which you can buy in the US. for the Android Auto a software update if needed will work.
Do you still get Sync 3 if you haven't selected "Shaker Pro with navigation" option? Even if you do I suppose it's worth having the better sound system for less than ÂŁ800

Not sure I fully understand your second point? Will Android Auto work with cars delivered this year or do you need some kind of software update?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Do you still get Sync 3 if you haven't selected "Shaker Pro with navigation" option? Even if you do I suppose it's worth having the better sound system for less than ÂŁ800

Not sure I fully understand your second point? Will Android Auto work with cars delivered this year or do you need some kind of software update?
Yeah u get Sync 3 without it, jus tnot the nav option. Same with Sync 2.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cheers, I seem to remember this having been covered previously?!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
D
good question on my US spec version 2.0 has AA on it, had the software put on a few weeks back, the US cars in the US its version 2.2, so on the Euro stang??

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
good question on my US spec version 2.0 has AA on it, had the software put on a few weeks back, the US cars in the US its version 2.2, so on the Euro stang??
think we've covered this before our version numbers in no way match up to anything in the US like mine is sync 3 and shipped with AA but its version 2.1.4 i believe think I posted a picture or a video previously. No apple car play though and the fordpass app doesn't work with it like it says it should.

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I only have two minor complaints about my pony. The first is that the keyless entry is damn useless. I need to take it out of my pocket more times than necessary to unlock the car with the touch sensor.

Second complaint is interior build quality. Not material choices, I don't give a crap about hard plastics if they're solid as a brick to withstand years of abuse (its why I loved my old Juke. All hard plastic but you'd need a sledgehammer to break them). No, its the rattles that have been forming since around 6k miles, mostly from the passenger side. I never have the stereo on so its rather noticeable. Plus, if I peg it in Sport+ mode sometimes the glasses tray flings itself open. :lol:

As I said, minor complaints. The key I can live with and I'm about to go slap some sense into some trim pieces this weekend to get it all sorted.

The dirt that accumulates on the back after driving it 100 ft right after a 5 hour detail session.
This, right here. Mud flaps are pretty much mandatory if you want a clean ride.

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
The dirt that accumulates on the back after driving it 100 ft right after a 5 hour detail session.

I agree, I don't recall many cars that simply attract crap to the rear end like this does. No doubt it's to do with air circulation an element I have no sodding idea about at all, so I won't offer an opinion on it, just keep cleaning it every mile !

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
Having washed mine yesterday and looked at the filth after driving a few miles, I agree too. Seems to attract the stuff! Mud flaps sound a good move...who sells them:shrug:
Sponsored