GT350R Spoiler Help

Greek6486

@Gt_supercharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hello Everyone,

I will be purchasing a spoiler soon, and am thinking to go with the GT350R style mainly because it looks like it would actually be functional. Do any of you have any version of this spoiler and recommend a particular one from a certain company? If so, why that particular version?

I'm looking for a version of this spoiler that doesn't vibrate, does that exist? I'm reading about a lot of vibration issues with the ones from Cj pony parts but they have two options. What are your experiences with the vibration and this style spoiler?

Thanks!
Sponsored

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
I also am interested. Fyi dealer wants 10K for the factory one. Sry no help.

Glex25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I have the Anderson Composite GT350R CF spoiler and is not flimsy at all.
I like it because you only have to make 3 small holes to mount it where as some you have to make 4 and it is the closest reproduction to the actual spoiler.
I have even had some GT350 track pack owners think that I'm actually driving a R

priestblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cali Special
There are also the ebay gt350r spoilers. I haven't seen anyone post pics yet so I can't speak to the quality but the price is certainly attractive. Anyone see any install pics/reviews floating around?

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have the Anderson Composite carbon fiber one mounted on their carbon fiber trunk also. It is solid and install was pretty straight forward. Just make sure you drill it right on that curve. Overall, I have a JL Audio Stealthbox subwoofer and the OEM trunk would rattle. At the same volume, the new carbon trunk was solid and no rattling of the trunk or the spoiler. Only time it would shake is when I close the trunk a little hard. At 85 mph, it is also solid. Be prepare to have your rear view obstructed though.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Greek6486

Greek6486

@Gt_supercharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks guys,

Anyone tried the non-carbon fiber versions ABS plastic or plexiglass?

Can you paint the carbon fiber to look like it isn't carbon fiber? (not my thing since you can't just have one carbon fiber piece on your car, thats embarrassing.)
Steeda bushing support system
Ford Racing Borla Sport Catback Exhaust
Brembo 6 piston upgrade kit painted blue
Asanti ABL5 wheels 8.5/10 with Nitto NT555 G2 tires 255/35/20F 305/30/20R
50th Anniversary Tail Lights
Tint all around
Asian Louvers
Steeda Tuned
Roush heat extractors
Starkey hood turn signals
MMD Grille extensions
Sto and Sho

Last edited:
OP
OP
Greek6486

Greek6486

@Gt_supercharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
I've heard Carbon2Carbon's version is identical to the factory R wing. Anderson's, as I understand it, is not an exact copy. I'm going with the former as soon as I have the cash saved up for a carbon fiber trunk lid.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Whatever you do, don't buy from Carbon Dynamics.

OP
OP
Greek6486

Greek6486

@Gt_supercharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Sponsored

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Search them up on forums and its a lot of negatives regarding their service and products.
This, bad customer service if you get any product at all after a long wait.

[MENTION=10215]Tubalkayne[/MENTION] has a painted R wing on his car, not sure where he got his.

50Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Corsair & 1990 Mustang GT. 2019 Mustang GT PP2 (Sold), 2019 Lincoln MKZ (Sold), 2017 Mustang GT PP (Sold), 2009 Civic Si (Sold)
Search them up on forums and its a lot of negatives regarding their service and products.
That's a shame; their product seems to LOOK pretty similar to carbon2carbon's specs.

I myself just purchased the Trufiber R wing. Putting in on a PP Mustang, so just waiting for it to ship!

Tubalkayne

First Time Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Steeda PP, Competition Orange,
I have the Trufiber R style wing from CJ Pony parts. It is fiberglass the white version on their website needs prep and primer before paint, I'm not sure about the black one. It does vibrate when driving at highway speeds. I have had the car up to 120 mph and it is still in one piece, I matched the car with mine and it looks great over all I'm happy with it but the vibrate did scare me at first.

Socal350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2008 Mustang GT
Hello Everyone,

I will be purchasing a spoiler soon, and am thinking to go with the GT350R style mainly because it looks like it would actually be functional. Do any of you have any version of this spoiler and recommend a particular one from a certain company? If so, why that particular version?

I'm looking for a version of this spoiler that doesn't vibrate, does that exist? I'm reading about a lot of vibration issues with the ones from Cj pony parts but they have two options. What are your experiences with the vibration and this style spoiler?

Thanks!

I was looking at aftermarket spoilers for my car a few months ago and I've pretty much seen all of the 350R cf spoilers in person, except for the Carbon2Carbon one.

If you don't want to deal with vibration issues I would only buy from Anderson Composites, Trufiber or Carbon2Carbon. Carbon2Carbon is the best quality and is identical to the OEM 350R spoiler (from what I've seen via photos and from other people) but it's also the most expensive ($1800).

Anderson Composites and Trufiber's spoilers are both priced at $800 so it just depends on which brand you like better. I would stay away from any other brands not mentioned due to vibration and/or flexing issues. Hope this help!
Sponsored