Sponsored

What are the most important parameters to monitor with the accessport while driving?

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Hello all,

What are the most important parameters to monitor while driving with our tuning device and what should the numbers look like? I am using the Cobb accessport. Thanks for any helpful answers.
Sponsored

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Hello all,

What are the most important parameters to monitor while driving with our tuning device and what should the numbers look like? I am using the Cobb accessport. Thanks for any helpful answers.
Off the top of my head the oar, the inlet air temp, maybe charge air temp, knock sensors, or knock for each cylendar. I'm new to the Cobb myself, so I'm sure there are way more or ones I don't know much about. Just know octane adjustment is important and of course inlet air temps

TheWildman

Jazz Master
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona EcoBoost Base (PP)
I have 6 of them active.
- Air Fuel Ratio
- Octane Adjust Ratio
- Comp. Outlet Temp. (turbo outlet temperature)
- Charge Air Temp (post intercooler temps_
- Catalyst Temp (Just to see how hot the exhaust is)
- Boost Pressure (gotta see all that boost!)
-

ThirtyThreePointThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 White EcoBoost AT
I use 4 of my 6 for the ignition timing correction on all cylinders. It can be a good indicator of somethings not right. Like I figured out my oil level was slightly overfilled once because of that.

My 5th is for charge air temps. Good way to know when the car is getting heat soaked.

My 6th is oil temp but that ones not really important since there's a built in gauge for that. I think the other five are.

juan_tony1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
ECO DIB TANG
I use boost oar 2 for ignition coercion and the other 2 for knock counts total 6

Sponsored

OP
OP
Joe_Stang

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Okay so what should these numbers be around for these parameters?

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
Ingnition correction should be positive. Oar should be -1.0. Temperature should be whatever. Knock should be zero. Boost should be 30psi atleast...

Last edited:

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost

Sponsored

arghx7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50 years Ecoboost
I have 6 of them active.
- Air Fuel Ratio
- Octane Adjust Ratio
- Comp. Outlet Temp. (turbo outlet temperature)
- Charge Air Temp (post intercooler temps_
- Catalyst Temp (Just to see how hot the exhaust is)
- Boost Pressure (gotta see all that boost!)
-
Comp outlet temp and catalyst temp are modeled. If you're modded they're not going to be very accurate.

Kjewer1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang, 92 Eagle Talon
Many of these alleged sensors are inferred. If you can't find a physical sensor, it's probably inferred. :)

There's no best or most important parameters to monitor. You're looking at 6 out of 100 things, and those 6 things will depend on what you're trying to do. At the track, I might have 6 things I want to see immediately before I even pull up the log. On the street, I'm looking at things that relate to whatever part of the tune I'm playing with. Always changing. I wish I could save templates in fact so I wouldn't have to look them all up manually every time, it's a bit cumbersome.

Fridge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Manual w/PP
I'm glad somebody finally asked this question. I've been searching and could only find Subaru guys talk about knock sensors and the octane adjust ratio. Wish somebody could explain how to interpret the different knock sensors. I've read conflicting opinions on the subject whether or not one instance of knock is to be expected or blah blah. If somebody could chime in that'd be cool.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
I'm glad somebody finally asked this question. I've been searching and could only find Subaru guys talk about knock sensors and the octane adjust ratio. Wish somebody could explain how to interpret the different knock sensors. I've read conflicting opinions on the subject whether or not one instance of knock is to be expected or blah blah. If somebody could chime in that'd be cool.
You can't get an accurate reading on the heads up display, just highs and lows. Data logging and reading the information is where u can truly tell your issues, that's where guys like Adam come in. That's about as much as I know

TheWildman

Jazz Master
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona EcoBoost Base (PP)
Comp outlet temp and catalyst temp are modeled. If you're modded they're not going to be very accurate.
I'm alright with ballpark figures for now. I'll be changing those two gauges soon.
Sponsored