Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Is it fraud if you tell people buying a car that an update if added features will be coming out, but never release it?
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
If only iOS owners had a choice :)
That's a common misconception that Apple customers can't upgrade to Android, Windows, Blackberry. ;)

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
That's a common misconception that Apple customers can't upgrade to Android, Windows, Blackberry. ;)

I made the upgrade from iOS to Andriod:lol:

Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
That would be helpful if the official link on page one was still working.

I was just letting people know that the alternate link [MENTION=28915]snapdad[/MENTION] posted does not contain all the necessary files.
One of the files only creates a new file with post-update info to relay back to the owner.ford.com database. ...which is useless if your car is connected to wifi.

Mike's Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 401A
One of the files only creates a new file with post-update info to relay back to the owner.ford.com database. ...which is useless if your car is connected to wifi.
Good to know. Going to give the official files I downloaded, before the link died, one more shot to install on the way home. If it doesn't work again, I'll give the one [MENTION=28915]snapdad[/MENTION] posted a shot.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Interesting. So without those files, Ford could stop people doing the leaked update without those files if they wanted to mess with what the database returns over WiFi. Not that they would want to, if for no other reason than those files are in the wild.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Interesting. So without those files, Ford could stop people doing the leaked update without those files if they wanted to mess with what the database returns over WiFi. Not that they would want to, if for no other reason than those files are in the wild.
They couldn't prevent the head unit from executing the update by USB. The file just confirms the update to display which version of SYNC the vehicle is running. In the days before WiFi connected head units the updater would have to submit that file before the owner.ford.com site could display the correct information. Now that information is verified a few times each month if you are connected.

In fact, the only reason I can find to be connected to WiFi is to update the firmware/software on the head unit... which Ford refuses to do.:crazy:

shay101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
The non-nav link doesn't seem to be working. Anyone got a link for that?