Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Can anyone confirm if buying that USB hubs also makes Android phones work in the USB port next to the "Shaker" symbol? I don't want to have to keep using the center console USB.
I had Android Auto working on both USB ports before I upgraded the hub for iOS. Haven't tested after upgrade but will check when I get my car back. Don't see why it wouldn't since CarPlay works on both after the upgrade as well.
Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Can anyone confirm if buying that USB hubs also makes Android phones work in the USB port next to the "Shaker" symbol? I don't want to have to keep using the center console USB.
as said, if you leave the stock USB port in place, both will work with AA, but neither will work with CP, if you replace the port with an upgraded SINGLE port, yes the center stack usb will work with both AA and CP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I had Android Auto working on both USB ports before I upgraded the hub for iOS. Haven't tested after upgrade but will check when I get my car back. Don't see why it wouldn't since CarPlay works on both after the upgrade as well.
as said, if you leave the stock USB port in place, both will work with AA, but neither will work with CP, if you replace the port with an upgraded SINGLE port, yes the center stack usb will work with both AA and CP
Android Auto only works for me using the center console. The port near the Shaker symbol will not work.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Android Auto only works for me using the center console. The port near the Shaker symbol will not work.
did you replace the console port?

Sponsored

Mr Snappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-Vert, 2015 Tahoe LTZ
Mine works perfectly. No mods, no new ports, just the software update. Make sure you have a good cable, try several.

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black
AA works in both factory installed USB ports in my 16

Try another cable. It seems to be an issue people don't realize. Just like how some cables quick charge and some don't. There are also charge only cables that do not have provisions for data pass through.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
anyone else having a problem with 'Scan for Updates' feature getting stuck in a loop not completing?

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Mine works perfectly. No mods, no new ports, just the software update. Make sure you have a good cable, try several.
AA works in both factory installed USB ports in my 16

Try another cable. It seems to be an issue people don't realize. Just like how some cables quick charge and some don't. There are also charge only cables that do not have provisions for data pass through.
I must not have been holding my mouth right. Went out today and it worked. Hell yeah!

stangbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I did the radio update over the weekend and can say it was successful. Android auto works beautifully with no issues. The one thing I want to say is that the micro usb cable that I had bought on amazon did not work with android auto. The radio said "cannot read usb device" or something like that. I went and grabbed the oem cable for my s7 edge and it worked. I did not read through the whole thread but if anybody is having troubles making it work, they should try a different cable.

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black

TheDoctor66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP Name: Sylvanas
Plugged my cable in through the glove box last night works like a charm. No update needed.

roycemek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Does anyone have a working link for the software? I'm looking for Sync3 with Nav.

Thanks.
Sponsored